Official Forum Wars Discussion Thread

jammin

Probably so people with older rigs and video cards can participate also and I am just guessing on this, I did not make the rule...

I figure that's what it is too. I don't know what the problem is. You can get, like, a 5 in 06 with the powerful AXP and a TI4600!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will most likely use the same ghetto cooler you saw as that was on a P4 rig at the time trying to get a nice OC which isnt going to happen on just 1.6 V to the cpu, I did manage a 3.51 ghz on the 2.6c with just 1.6volts, no matter what I tryed the volts to the cpu seem to be whats stopping it from going any higher. The 2.4c wouldnt go past 3.12 ghz :/ The Epox mobo beat the Abit and Albatrons on this test. None of them go over 1.6v to the cpu :/ I see people using 1.7v but I cant get there with these old mobo's. Was hoping to get to 4ghz and maybe entering it in the forum wars. Unless someone knows a BIOS mod for a Epox.

Nice thing about that ghetto kit is I can add ice to the tank ;) once the water gets to about 45F it starts to condensate, and I wont wrap stuff up if I cant get to 4ghz.

A week to sort out Teams ? Doubt I'll be ready in a week..

It's a week starting from the 20th of July (which is the deadline for getting stock scores in). So you still have plenty of time. :)

Edited by jammin

Yea I got a feeling I will end up cranking up a 3.4C or 3.2EE and a 9800 Pro before this over with unless I get another video card for the E6400...

Edited by road-runner

Only way I can use a P4 is to do a voltage mod to the mobo :angry2: Seems every P4 board I have has a built in voltage limiter on the PCB, 1.6v being the highest it can go. I found somewhere that would mod a bios for me but cant do anything with the volts. I doubt 3.5ghz for a 2.6c would be to overwhelming.