Official Forum Wars Discussion Thread

jammin

So we just run an initial score at stock or so, just to confirm we are in the competition, and then we will overclock our beastly rigs and repost the official scores during the competition phase?

has to be at stock speeds not around sorry

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know what team we are on and how are they going to be organized and who is doing it?

Edit: From Raymos Post @ Raptor Pits

calculated the same as last year..

A team 1st

B team 3rd

C team 4th

D team 1st

E team 2nd

added... 11

lowest score wins

yes, having all teams filled out and balanced is the key.

Edited by road-runner

Forum leaders essentially means team leaders.. which would probably be me.

We have a week to sort the teams out, so I was planning on opening it up so that everyone had a say. :)

It's better in the overall ranking to have some rigs on the C, D & E teams because all the rankings from those teams are

part of the puzzle of winning the Overall. You want to have your teams balanced... Getting the #1 Ranking in the B

Competition is great, but if you took a good rig from your B Team and moved it to your C or D Team you might go up a few

spots in the rankings for Overall Winner. So there's a little bit of stratagy going on for the Forum Leaders.

There is plenty of room for all to play, but Teams (A,B,C,D,E) only count toward the "Overall Winner".

Teams B,C,D,E,F,G... etc will all play for the "B Crown"

"A Teams" for the "A Crown"

"Ultra Exreme (UE)" for the "UE Crown"

Basically you want your better scorers on the A Team, but all the team rankings go towards the 'Overall Winner'.

So having some good rigs spread throughout the teams can help to win the overall title.

But it's all a little more complicated than that obviously. That's why we will have a discussion once all the stock scores are in. :)

Been checking out post and rigs in other forums and caught this in some post @ Overclockers Anonymous:

christ i could fake temp ss's without problem. just ahev a background program running at like 60-70 % which would keep the temp above 0.

Anyhow, as far as I am concerned, if your chiller is about 0C when you are benching, I don't care what the idle temps are. That should give you some leeway. Bending the rules is no problem for me. I just don't want to break them.

now that sort of rule bending is what i like. my chiller is usually above 0*c when im benching due the the voltage i use anyways.

you just reminded me. when my digital probes say -12*c, my bios says -32*c, so its gonna be even harder to folllow with programs. Bending the rules is no problem for me.

On a side note, NCC, I'd love for you to be a forum cop. That would give you full access to the goings on at The Raptor Pit and the ability to vote down other people's scores. You have a good eye for picking out cheaters. Whether or not we can stop them, who knows. But I do know you are very good at this. Consider doing it.

I guess there will be cheaters and rule benders and breakers....

Been checking out post and rigs in other forums and caught this in some post @ Overclockers Anonymous:

christ i could fake temp ss's without problem. just ahev a background program running at like 60-70 % which would keep the temp above 0.

Anyhow, as far as I am concerned, if your chiller is about 0C when you are benching, I don't care what the idle temps are. That should give you some leeway. Bending the rules is no problem for me. I just don't want to break them.

now that sort of rule bending is what i like. my chiller is usually above 0*c when im benching due the the voltage i use anyways.

you just reminded me. when my digital probes say -12*c, my bios says -32*c, so its gonna be even harder to folllow with programs. Bending the rules is no problem for me.

On a side note, NCC, I'd love for you to be a forum cop. That would give you full access to the goings on at The Raptor Pit and the ability to vote down other people's scores. You have a good eye for picking out cheaters. Whether or not we can stop them, who knows. But I do know you are very good at this. Consider doing it.

I guess there will be cheaters and rule benders and breakers....

Send that post to the Raptor Pit.

Yeah, well done for picking that up. I'm not going around all the other forums reading up on what they are doing so it's helpful. :)

It goes without saying that we will make sure everyone here is following the rules as well.