Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

If that Buick ever comes out, it would put a serious beatdown on an STi, it wouldnt even be a race. It would be a very capable car.

484166[/snapback]

buick isn't going to be releasing this car... and more than likely they won't be releasing anything after the 06 model year. it sounds like GM has finally made up thier mind that buick is the next victim of cut backs.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buick isn't going to be releasing this car...  and more than likely they won't be releasing anything after the 06 model year.  it sounds like GM has finally made up thier mind that buick is the next victim of cut backs.

484172[/snapback]

I know, but people can always dream. seriously, I hope pontiac gets its instread of Buick.

BUH BYE BUICK

I'd be pissed if Pontiac or Chevy bit the dust. The new GTO and Solstice look nice and the GTO is a solid performance car. Chevy=corvette=good. Buick thoguh...

Lacrosse? Yes, I want to drive a car that is named after a contact sport. Strangest name ever next to Crossfire. At 30K, I'd rather get a used BMW 325i

Rendevouz? Pass

Terraza? Minivan+SUV? WTF?

Rainier? Mebbe

LeSabre? 325i to go!

Lucerne? The milk company!

That is why Buick need to bring back another badass car. Go back and look at the Buick Heritage, they won numerous racing events back in the day. Grand Nationals revolutionized turbo cars, they were a first to do a lot of things. Buick in my view has an overall better reputation than the other carmakers.

That is why Buick need to bring back another badass car. Go back and look at the Buick Heritage, they won numerous racing events back in the day. Grand Nationals revolutionized turbo cars, they were a first to do a lot of things. Buick in my view has an overall better reputation than the other carmakers.

485167[/snapback]

Bring back the GS Series

Yeah if Buick needs to bring itself back to its roots like GSX's and GNX's. Although I think Pontiac and Buick cars lately have too little variation between models. Both companies have so many cars that just look the same.

Edited by BloodySunday

If that Buick ever comes out, it would put a serious beatdown on an STi, it wouldnt even be a race. It would be a very capable car.

484166[/snapback]

then we can introduce some corners = stuffed buick.

Go look at the car, it looks like it will not do too bad in corners.

488327[/snapback]

it 'looks like it will not do too bad in corners' eh? i'm glad you can tell from looks, and looks alone. american muscle cars are notorious for sheer power rather than cornering - makes sense when most american roads are straight.

Yeah american cars = go straight REALLY fast

Corner with them, well not so good, their huge engines make them oversteer like a whatever

thats why i drive a BMW, It's not the fastest, but it gets up there,

the new m5's are sweet, and I love m3's, I drive a bmw 325is

it's a nice car

and it can handle turns like no other american or jap car

not the fastest though

and on buick, yeah their decent cars, I think the new one's are god awful ugly

their def losing their repuation though to cadillac, cause buicks to me have always been a cadillac wannabe, especially now

"ah, then answer why the US car market took a beating in the 80's when Honda came and practically raped the market?! the Honda's were a premium cos' they used more advanced technology that the US/Europe manufacturers followed with after a good few years of honda making a fortune. honda agreed to only import a specified amount so that the US wouldnt put restrictions on the trade or tax them more.

and the us accuses of japan using unfair tactics?! hah!

I don't think asian cars are junk. they are desgined for bends, not just a drag strip. in europe and japan, we developed a concept called "corners" to make driving more fun hehe just messin ppl. corners are more fun though....you experience more thrill from superb cornering than in a straight line imo.

comparing US/JP is silly. stop it now. US uses V8's mostly in their muscle. JP's are mostly 4 cylinder and front-wheel as opposed to american rear wheel. The more higher-end JP's use 4wd, which will stuff a RWD around a set of bends.

although this new buick.....it surprises me at being a V6.

"

not bashing, but silverfox, Euro cars are alot of times alot more advanced than JAP cars

but i'd rather buy a jap CAR than an American car

but I dont like japanese trucks, their really ugly

Edited by CoolMaster

• 4 weeks later...
actually I have to agree with an article I read a while back on GM's problem.  it was suggested that the victim of the cuts NOT be buick (loyalty) or pontiac (price to performance) but instead chevy take the dive.  chevy's sales are so low, thier cars suck, their trucks are nothing special...  move the vette to pontiac, and kill the rest of the line.

as far as the comments about cars being built to last...  3 years...  it's engineered that way from day 1.  keeps the cycle going.  however I'd have to say it's better now that it has been.  total number of recalls for BS have come way down.  I've been thru less than a half dozen recalls on vehicles built after 2000.  however my 90 broncos both had over 60 different recall problems.  but those tanks still run and run hard...  even though thier original bodeis have rotted off and turned to dust.

476062[/snapback]

Hmmm, my 94 Regal runs as good and looks just like it came off the showroom floor. Driven the Viper, numerous Corvettes, owned the gen4 Pontiac Firebird (350LT1)... But the Regal just keeps on running smooth... I smile as I keep driving in comfort and quiet ride... :)