Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

OKay this has gotten a bit out of hand, but because of that I feel I need to include my 2 cents :P

I have driven a good amount of GM cars, a couple fords, and just bought a dodge. Out of all my cars (except the dodge, it only has 300 miles on it) the most comfortable and quickest ride came from my 1997 Cadillac STS.

I have owned an 89 Buick Regal, not a bad car, not great either. It was reliable (which is something JD Power has given it props for by plaing it in the top 10 of ALL car companies for reliability several years running, in fact, the only american car company in the top 10), quick with its little 2.8l v6, and never gave me a bit of problem over the 18 months I owned it.

Thinking back though, even as reliable as it was, I think if I had not totalled it on I405 I probably would have wrecked it on purpose after another year of driving, just from boredom. But Buick is OK in my book. Pontiac on the other hand has built the worst american car my wife and I have ever driven: a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE. I wont even get into the laundry list of problems that car has, but of all the cars I have owned (sans the dodge) the buick was probably the most well-rouded car. Thats what makes it so darn forgettable...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic