Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

My 60ft. time was 1.3 blowing off 10 1/2" slicks

1/8 time at best was 6.50's on motor 110-112mph

1/8 time at best was 5.40's on blower w/nos 126-130mph

1/4 time was 9.70's on motor @ 130-133mph

1/4 time was 7.20's on blower/nos @ 154-157mph

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time I had someone want to race he backed out after I gave him my offer.

2 different courses. you pick the first 1/4 mile, I'll pick the 2nd 1/4 mile. we'll average the times IF you can finish with your car.

of course he was driving some little suped up import... vs this. it'll handle 1/4 mile of road way. slow and steady. then it'll eat up the mud (and water, and snow, and rocks, and tree trunks and what ever else is in that mess)

I dont believe your 1/4 times, your speeds are way off what you should be trapping. All your times seem off.

476606[/snapback]

Sorry Joe I didn't want to use my email address so I used yours :P

476865[/snapback]

if you knew anything about racing... :)

I have time slips..but don't know which drivetrain I had at the time...however.

Factors that affect time and speed

Reaction Time

Traction off the line

Low-end torque

Gear set (3:73, 4:10) had both

Transmission (C4, Tremec 5 Speed) had both

Boost at low rpms (23lb modded supercharger did pretty good for me)

Tire set (taller tires with lower psi= better traction but lower mph at the end of the track (especially in the 1/4))

Elevation and temperature of the area you are racing at

Those are the main factors....in case you had NO clue what you are talking about...but I'm sure you know what you read in a magazine :)

dont be an idiot, to run low 7s you need to be close to 180-190mph. thanks for trying to explain your lies. show the time slips....or did you forget those too? It seems like your just listing things you have seen in magazines. I do all the mods to my car, I dont take it any where. I do all the work at my friends shop and my brothers shop. So ill be waiting for these pics, maybe a couple of the car too and its engine.

Edited by jkdmaster

dont be an idiot, to run low 7s you need to be close to 180-190mph. thanks for trying to explain your lies. show the time slips....or did you forget those too? It seems like your just listing things you have seen in magazines. I do all the mods to my car, I dont take it any where. I do all the work at my friends shop and my brothers shop.  So ill be waiting for these pics, maybe a couple of the car too and its engine.

476966[/snapback]

"I do all the work at my friends shop and my brothers shop" doesn't tell me a thing about your experience on the dragstrip...not that I care.

HERE is a photo of it when i had the 347 stroker. I'm searching for pics with the windsor stroked 408. Had a different hood on it. If you would have ever went to Rockingham Dragway in North Carolina you would have seen it many many times. It pulled the wheels off the ground for 30 feet. And Dave (Bosco) is getting my boost, nos gauges and various other things from the car. Call it what you want mr jkdmaster....this car was one of the fastest street cars around. Did you get your doors blown off by it or something? :)

Ok. mr. bs'er show me the time slips and ill believe it. I have a grand national and you think I dont go to the track?I know about everything you tried to explain, but that had absolutely no bearing on the impossible numbers you threw out. so say what you want but i dont believe till I see the slips.

Edited by jkdmaster

I drive a 1995 Buick Skylark not a bad car at all. I drool over GNX's daily. I like Buicks but none of the new ones really catch my eye as anything special.

Edited by BloodySunday

Nice, I like the Skylarks, the 67 I have was cool.  The GNXs are definitely nice, for the fortunate 547 that have them. They are raced prepped by Mclaren, so there quick.

477412[/snapback]

Yeah I'm considering getting just 1987 Grand National from what I've seen for $10,000 you can get them in pretty good condition. I found a GNX around where I live but I don't have $75,000. :O

Edit

Just found a 2003 GNX concept pictures. Doesn't look that bad.

Edited by BloodySunday