Everybody Thinks Buick Is For Old People Huh.....

jkdmaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 87 Turbo T, great car, I love it and I think it looks better than the GNs.(some of them anyway). If you are serious about buying one I can help, I looked into these cars for YEARS before I bought one. But they are really fun to drive.

I have an 87 Turbo T, great car, I love it and I think it looks better than the GNs.(some of them anyway). If you are serious about buying one I can help, I looked into these cars for YEARS before I bought one. But they are really fun to drive.

477779[/snapback]

Yeah I've been kind of looking for a nice older car for a kind of show car not a daily driver or anything. I found a 65 Cadillac for like $5000 by my house but something will a more muscle would be nice. Nice thing living right by Chicago is that theirs Grand Nationals and Turbo Regals all over the place.

I would buy a GNX if I had 50k-75k, they are gonna be worth ALOT more in a couple years, and there Mclaren prepped. Well I would definitely get one, also look into a Turbo T, same thing but its not black and you can find them with leather. I like mine alot more than my friends mint condition GN.

Unfortunately..American cars for the most part..were not built to last...like any product.  NASA can build a spaceship that will last 30 years...funded by GMC....but they can't make a car that will last long you long enough until you pay it off (if you financed it).  Oh I'm rambling.....let me just say this.  Don't get a Buick if you value your hard earned money.  And for those of you that have one of those vehicles.  Take very good care of it. lol

476052[/snapback]

Personal opinions are like dummies. You know the rest. :P

My 1990 Lumina 3.1 is still running like it's new today. Best college tank ever. :)

Haha, Waco that was good. But yeah, Goonie has no clue what hes talking about so thats why I didnt even respond to that ridiculously stupid comment. Is that why you still see classic cars around, because they cant last for 30 years.....My Buick is in perfect shape, ill put it against anyones fake mustang anyday. American cars are the only way to go, asian cars are just flat out junk, but thats my opinion.

My 60ft. time was 1.3 blowing off 10 1/2" slicks

1/8 time at best was 6.50's on motor 110-112mph

1/8 time at best was 5.40's on blower w/nos 126-130mph

1/4 time was 9.70's on motor @ 130-133mph

1/4 time was 7.20's on blower/nos @ 154-157mph

476602[/snapback]

hell your just a tad behind Greg Andersons NHRA record @ 6.6

Edited by E Fudd

hell your just a tad behind  Greg Andersons NHRA record @ 6.6

478265[/snapback]

1.20 seconds is not a tad bit behind....it is not even close....that is about 20 or 30 car lengths behind...give or take 5-10 cars depending on mph. But that would be nice to be close to him. My car weighed in at roughly 2800lbs with the 26" slicks. Never weighed in with the Micky Thompsons.

"Haha, Waco that was good. But yeah, Goonie has no clue what hes talking about so thats why I didnt even respond to that ridiculously stupid comment. Is that why you still see classic cars around, because they cant last for 30 years.....My Buick is in perfect shape, ill put it against anyones fake mustang anyday. American cars are the only way to go, asian cars are just flat out junk, but thats my opinion"

No dude, you still see classic cars around because people either put them up and only drive them on the weekends as they want to "preserve it" or they have completely remodeled the car inside and out to make it a showcar. You won't find a daily driven car on the road that has been driven around daily for 30 years. Would love to see that. Your Buick is in perfect shape because you have taken care of it. My Mustang had its share of problems....synchronizers went out in 1st and 3rd gear in the stock transmission.....what would you expect...I was a kid when I got it..and beat it to death at the dragstrip.......clutch went out....the crank in the stock 302 motor snapped from spraying it with NOS too often... however I invested a little hard earned cash and transformed it into a street/strip car..then all out drag car.....and the only thing still stock (FORD) in it....was the frame/axles/body/windows. If I had taken care of it beforehand..it would have been fine for daily driving..but who wants to keep a sports car stock? As for Grand Nationals...they are very impressive cars...for their time. The turbos were nice. They run on average...um 8.20's -8.50's stock at the track in the 1/8. Not bad.......sure as hell blows away any stock mustang during that era. It's not about Ford and Chevy here...it's about who puts the most money into there car. I know I wasted my share of it...only to get nothing out of it when i sold it. If you want to rant about mustangs sucking...why do they still make mustangs...and chevrolet/gmc/pontiac can't even keep a sports car in their lineup other than the corvette? Camaro, Trans-Am, Grand National, Firebird...what happened to these cars? Cough.

Personal opinions are like dummies.  You know the rest. :P

My 1990 Lumina 3.1 is still running like it's new today.  Best college tank ever. :)

478231[/snapback]

im pritty sure hes talking about "new" american "cars", not the older cars, beucase the new ones are rly hunks of junk that last a very short time. I mean have u seen an american "car" on the road from 2000+ give or take a couple years, still on the road and driving in GOOD condition?????...... that hasnt had any MAJOR problems... more than likly no. But american trucks on the other hand is another story

just my opinion on things and o my step dad's a master mechanek