Official World of Warcraft (WoW) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the portal to the outlands..theres 3 other portals in the world itll be used in the expansion packs

478713[/snapback]

Oooh, expansion packs! Have they mentioned expansion packs yet?

its the portal to the outlands..theres 3 other portals in the world itll be used in the expansion packs

478713[/snapback]

The portal to the outlands is in Blasted Lands, guarded by a bunch of 50-ish elite deamons. It's known as the "dark portal".

You know what i was thinking..

What if they started brining in a more of a strategy game feel to WOW.

for example.

During raids and what not, if you manage to kill the oposing factions leader, you would be able to claim the city in the name of the alliance. Hence guards would not spawn in their usual spot but in another place. At this point they would lauch big waves of attacks and it was up to you to protect the city, along with citizen revolts, and various other things. At this point you could pillage and raze the city, once u loose it would be up to the loosing faction to reconstruct the city. This wouldn't take very long, and it would be a good way to get quests such as.. make bandages for the wounded, make wpns for the unarmed, and various other types of proffession quests.

I doubt this would work in regular play, but if they made a huge (more than 80 ppl) battlfield and they gave us this option then.. well.. possibilities are endless.

I am running out of non-dungeon and non-elite quests. My quest log is stuffed full of elite and dungeon quests and i cant find much af anything else. Maybe i should get on some of the dungeon quests, but they just take too long sometimes. I thing it took us over 2 hours to do Van Cleif (when i played my rogue). I dont play that much during the week. I guess i will have to start abandoning some quests :(

Yeah, currently the "end game" is nothing more than doing runs in Strat, LBRS, UBRS, Scholo, DM, Onexya, and maybe BRD. Sadly, most people just want to do raid runs through there and get cash or loot, no one wants to do a run in 5 man groups for the quest. -- At least on my server. ;)

The Plaguelands and Sithlis (sp?) have some upper level quest that you can do without having to go into an instance. I've not looked into the elemental invasions yet, but there may be some quest related to that which don't require an instance.

i love it when they kill onyxia, you get an awesome buff for 2hours! like +10% crit chance on spells, +5% crit chance on melee, and 140 attack power!

Only thing the elemental invasions are good for is unique loot, I went through a Water Elemental invasion in Winterspring about a week and a half ago, dropped some frost resist/+Spirit/+Stamina necklace and some globes of water and that was about it.