Official World of Warcraft (WoW) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

I have 3x 14 slot bags and 1x 16 slot bag on my main, and 3x 14 slot bags in the bank. Usuallt stocked full of Ore, Gems, Pearls, Cloth, and other needed trade goods. If I can ever get more gold, I'll buy the other slots in the bank. I don't know what I'd do with no bank space. :P

475499[/snapback]

how much is a bag space after the 10g slot?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see how anyone could not use the bank. I keep lots of leatherworking stuff in mine etc. I have so many quest items atm they fill up one of my bags and I carry arrows, poison, healing pots etc. There's no way I can carry all my stuff on me...along with the stuff I pick up from mobs when i'm out questing.

my friend is at like 50g with rebuilding talents and I think thats as far as it goes.

as for the bank thing.. The only thingi keep their are cool little things i picked up (so i guess i use it, but not that much) like my Certificate of thievery (for my rogue). stuff like gems i keep with me because theres no telling when ill be in a city without a bank and ill need to do a little blacksmithing. I guess im a preaty low level to have to many things.

my friend is at like 50g with rebuilding talents and I think thats as far as it goes.

as for the bank thing.. The only thingi keep their are cool little things i picked up (so i guess i use it, but not that much) like my Certificate of thievery (for my rogue). stuff like gems i keep with me because theres no telling when ill be in a city without a bank and ill need to do a little blacksmithing. I guess im a preaty low level to have to many things.

475891[/snapback]

right now, in my bank (on my mage), i have 10 slots filled with 20 stacks of linen cloth.

On my rogue, i have a 14 slot bag with 10 stacks of heavy leather plus tons of weapons i picked up along the way. mostly quest items i never used.

Battlegrounds and the 1.5 patch are now live on the test servers!!

Warriors and Warlocks got a lot of love in this patch. I was so excited after reading the warrior changes, it fixes most of my complaints with that class. My DW Warrior will be gimp no more! Woohoo!

Here is my complains as posted on my guild forum as well as the WoW forums... really nothing more than an echo of what everyone else has been saying....

The "warrior" info that Theo posted was pretty good, though it mainly deals with the D&D "Fighter" class. Close enough. ;)

As I've said before in game, I usually play a more barbarian-ish character. "You point, me kill" only with a bit more intelligence. ;) Sadly, that doesn't really hold well in the WoW universe. Warriors in WoW are more like knights or guards, only with a less defined role.

Most warriors I've seen in WoW would rather use a 2H weapon than a 1H + Shield. This gives us great damage, but then we have a major problem holding agro. Even with a shield, any caster type that goes all out (Priest, Mage, Druid) will pull the agro off of a warrior. If we're in defensive stance, we can taunt a single mob every min or so (forget what the cool down is), but then IMO being in defensive stance goes against being what a warrior is.... a killer.

2H is good at killing fast, but you take so much damage that the downtime sucks. With 1H + Shield you kill slower but take much less damage. The delta between the two really isn't much. DW falls somewhere between those two, but the miss rate is insane.

Most groups would rather have "another pally" as the tank just because they can add the extra buffs, heal, and DI when it hits the fan. What does a warrior really bring to the group? Nothing really. Shouts? Any idea how often a warrior is told to use his shouts in PvP or PvE? Never. Most people forget about them, probably because they only last 2-3 min depending on the warrior's specs. I've been in groups/raids with multiple warriors, and hardly ever see another warrior using those abilities. --- Granted, I'd prefer people not tell me what to do. :P

Trying to keep somewhat to the "roughneck" warrior RP that Hyglak (and his father in UO) has been I specked Hyg out 100% Fury. While it goes well with his RP (Shout, Fury, Enrage, and Bloodlust), he is pretty gimp in 1vs1 PVP. -- Granted most of my gear is crap. :P

As seen at Hammerfall and other battles, Hyg will be the first in. That's great, but he'll be picked off by Hunters and Mages in a matter of seconds. Having a good healer about can keep him alive long enough to get out of range, but it'll most likely drain the healer's mana pool.

For a class that is suppose to be the best toe-to-toe fighter, I've yet to see it from any warrior, unless the warrior just out-gears (equipment, weapon, etc) their opponent. Blizzard has repeatedly said that warriors "need some love", as I'm sure they have said about all classes.

Pummel was the first thing they did for us, which is nice and similar to a Rogue's kick ability. The only problem is, you have to be in close which against a good caster is impossible. ;) Even then, the casters have some many instant cast abilities, pummel is useless. Then we got the rage change where we pretty much gain rage for anything. Sounds good, but again. We have to be standing on top of our opponent for it to do any good.

Rogues will sap, stun, or vanish.

Druids will root or stealth.

Mages will polly, forst nova, AoE, or blink.

Pallys will heal, stun, shield, or AoE.

Hunters will pick you off from afar or set a trap.

Shawmans will totem, AoE, stomp, stealth.

Priest will shield, heal, or DoT you to death.

Locks will charm or DoT you to death.

As Warriors, we have no effective AoE (granted, we're toe-to-toe fighters) and we have no method to get out of fight if things take a turn for the worse. Healing potions cannot heal us completely and only prolong death against multiple targets. Rage potions are useless, because they work on the same timer as our healing potions. I'd rather have a quick chance at health than instant rage.

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is my characters specs, or maybe there is a major problem with warriors in general. Whatever it is, WoW is the first game I've hated playing a warrior... well, maybe not hated.

My (33) mage and (22) rogue seam to be "easy mode" for WoW when I reflect back on when my warrior was the same level. Mage has most things dead before the mob gets within range to strike, and when that does happen its just frost nova, back off (or blink), and cast a ranged spell. The rogue just slices and dices like a cook at a Japaneese Hibachi.

Bah... this went on much longer than I intended. I think I'll </rant> now. It felt good to get that out. ;)

*Edit*

There is a nice (long) post here which Blizzard talks about Warriors.

4847[/snapback]

Battlegrounds and the 1.5 patch are now live on the test servers!!

\

I was looking at the new patch notes, mages dont get squat for the new patch.

As for trade skills, tailoring and enchanting also dont get squat this new patch. The same in the last patch and so on. Leatherworking and blacksmithing get new recepies and such... This is sorta getting to be a constant thing lately.

I was looking at the new patch notes, mages dont get squat for the new patch.

As for trade skills, tailoring and enchanting also dont get squat this new patch. The same in the last patch and so on. Leatherworking and blacksmithing get new recepies and such... This is sorta getting to be a constant thing lately.

476330[/snapback]

Mages get one very important thing.... wands now auto fire! :lol: