Need Ideas

bigred

the issue with judging by foldikng is obviously comptuer specs and such, i dont have a folding machine and being at college and all, i RARELY have time to let F@H run

if it was judged by uptime then id say thats a bit more level of a playing field

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the issue with judging by foldikng is obviously comptuer specs and such, i dont have a folding machine and being at college and all, i RARELY have time to let F@H run

if it was judged by uptime then id say thats a bit more level of a playing field

The only surrogate measure for uptime is points/WUs. Maybe we should have a handicap system like golf to level the playing field for all computers? Don't know how it would work, but you would have to register your specs somehow.

More I think about it the more I like the rank Idea...

This idea will not turning a number crunch that can be disputed and argued.

With the rank the members know when they win somthing and exactly what they need to do to win it.

If you do a random give away you can also restrict the give away to a Rank range.

This idea would push equaly no matter how many points you have or can get.

what if you take a snapshot of the folding stats today as a baseline, and then use the stats on the ending day (whatever you choose) as the ending stats. For members that are active today, you could award tickets based on increase in points per day, and for inactive members/new members, you could award tickets based on number of work units completed in the time period.

I don't know if that would be too complicated, but it would provide an incentive for active and inactive members, and level the playing field somewhat for those with weaker systems.

papa... That was my idea a few weeks ago. However I droped it becouse of 2 reasons. It would be real easy to cheat and last but not least, it's a job to calculate all that. Not to mention it can be argued as to when the snap is made, perhaps a member just turned in 10 WUs when the shot is made, and he increases but when you take the snap again he only turned in 2.

Here are some numbers from our team.

100k club 13 members

50k club 13 members

25k club 31 members

10k club 68 members

5k club 58 members

less than 5k 463 members

U see what I see!

If we get the less than 5k club into the 5 k club we stand to gain (on average) 800k. WOW! that is almost the 977 we need for anand! The contest MUST target this range.

gotta go out to eat, just did the numbers on this, I think this might provide a great strategy for us...

ok... I might have come up with a good idea.

We take both ideas and combine them!

We create a rank system, call it clubs... 100k, 50k, 25k... As many as *everyone* thinks we need... (i would think it best if we kept it around 7 or 8). We can also add another club like 100pts per day, 250pts perday etc.

Now we reword 1 ticket to the member that goes up 1 rank, or goes from 1 club to the next, higher up. Thus a member goes up 2 ranks they get 2 tickets. or goes from 10k to 25k and moves from the 100pt per day average club to the 250 pt per day average this would give 2 tickets.

We do a random drawing, 1 ticket = 1 chance to win.

well, what do you guys think? easy to calculate and keep track of, and pushes equaly...