Need Ideas

bigred

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of "simple" things

have members wishing to be in the contest register thier current rank. set a time table to end the contest. the person who moves up the most places wins. it's simple, it gives no one an advantage. afterall those who are up there in the ranks all know how hard it is to move up further (my progress up the ranks has been slowed dramatically the higher I go). however joe-blow who is a new member has the ability to come from number 5,000 to number 3,000 has made great strides to helping the team, even though he may not have completed as many work units as someone like bosco or flag.

I like that bigred!

My suggestion, I'll re post it, was the same.

We have RANKs in total points and point per day average.

RANK 1 = million point club

RANK 2 = 750k Club

RANK 3 = 500k Club

RANK 4 = 250k Club

RANK 5 = 100k Club

RANK 6 = 75k Club

RANK 7 = 50k Club

RANK 8 = 25k Club

RANK 9 = 10k Club

RANK a = 5k Club

Now the point per day ranks, these will be lose and needs work to judge (maybe we kill this idea?)

RANK 1 = 5k per day

RANK 2 = 2k per day

RANK 3 = 1k per day

RANK 4 = 500pts per day

RANK 5 = 200pts per day

RANK 6 = 100pts per day

Now we come up with some jazzy names for the ranks... put some thought into it, make it an honor to jump into the pts-per-day rank 3... you know what I means...

Like the F@H red dragon order, :) be inventive.

Now the first contest will not gross us as high -a- gain as the next. This is due to all the members shot gunning the scales, some are 10pts away from going up a level. So the next contest will be a big jump... it'll be an investment.

Run the contest till Jan 1, 2005. then end it on midnight, as the ball drops in NYC :)

have a random draw of tickets.

Each member that goes up 1 (one) rank gets one ticket. Thus members can get more than 1 chance to win if they go from 25k to 150k (three chances) and they might have gone up a rank in the points per day so they could easly gain 5 or six tickets.

This is even across the ranks, and will encourage all members to go up a rank.

So what do you guys think?

we could have a solid 3 months if we start on Oct1, 2004 run till 12:00.01 Jan 1, 2005.

question eveything sounds good and all, but im not sure about your per day points rank, becuase what about some of us that run it 24/7 and are already pumping out as much as possible, we wont have access to getting points from that part, unless we build another system. and thats kind of asking alot. Everything else sounds good, im just a little skepticle about that.

yea, and as I said in my post, we might want to kill that part.

But keep in mind if thoes who do strive to increase their per-day points would pull harder for the team. AND on the other hand would it not be better if we rewarded thoes members that go out and get more PCs to fold on to help their daily average?

I'm in the same boat your in, my pts per day is maxed, and for me to jump up a notch I would need to pull a chicken out-a my a@@ :)

This would focus the lower ranks more... just keep in mind that 460 members would be a crushing margin if we got all of them to pop into gear!!!!!

yea, and as I said in my post, we might want to kill that part.

But keep in mind if thoes who do strive to increase their per-day points would pull harder for the team. AND on the other hand would it not be better if we rewarded thoes members that go out and get more PCs to fold on to help their daily average?

I'm in the same boat your in, my pts per day is maxed, and for me to jump up a notch I would need to pull a chicken out-a my a@@

This would focus the lower ranks more... just keep in mind that 460 members would be a crushing margin if we got all of them to pop into gear!!!!!

good point, i hadnt looked at it that way. it might still make it a tiny bit unfair but I dont think were gonna get 100% fair. But yea it is a good idea in terms of motivating the people that are really not pushing out the most amount of points they could, or at least more points. and the ones that arent pushing out any

From the sounds of it, it will take many of the users here a load of time to get into a new "club" I've been folding for like 2-3 months, and i'm just abotu 10k. . . . . For people with slower machines, it will be way to hard for them to progess 5k, or even 15k.

well.... here is food for thought...

for me to go the from the 100K club to the 250k club is a huge task, is it not as huge a taks for a member with 1 pc to go from the 5k club to the 10k club? See how things are balanced? I will need to knuckle down to get that 1 ticket, same knukle down that that guy with 1 PC needs to do to get that 10k mark. Actualy it's more on me! he just doubles his rank and I need to 2.5X mine. Bosco has even a worse chance!

I realy think this idea is geared more for the members with 1 or 2 PCs than it is for the top 10 spots.

suggestions are welcome here, I just had an idea and it has not yet been taken down. Not saying this is the way to do it just wanting to motivate equaly no matter if your a 2k per day member or a 2k per 6 months member. My main suppoerting idea is we need to focus on the upper 460 members.

In short this, i think, is the best idea thus far. I say we go with it until the next BETTER idea floats along. Got a better idea, post it. We need to get somthing cooking soon. ANAND is gaining!!!!!

AND we all need to rally behind bigred... he has a beef with them ya know... stole his girlfriend they did! BASTARDS!