Need Ideas

bigred

I'm all for this. It's more 'fair' to those in the lower ranks and that's where we need to focus the incentives. Since this contest is a member initiative and not an 'official' contest, I think we should just agree to do it. No one has to participate, but I reall hope everyone will jump on the bandwagon and root for those who are improving their positions. I nominate Flagg to be our color commentator :lol: At one point I was happy if I could rach 500 ppd, now I'm almost at a consistentent 1K ppd. With this move to overtake anadtech, I'm going to commit to trying to double my production to 2K/day and try to stay out of bigred's way for as long as I can!

Edit:

And i'm commited to back up bigred's generosity with the donation of a new power supply however we decide to award it.

Edited by Nemo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:O oh man what did I get myself into?

Ok, so I take it that I take a sample on 12:00:01 this friday.... and then on jan 1 12:00:01 and come up with the tickets? Is that what is being asked here? If so then I will need to void myself for entering and being able to draw a prize... and don't forget my boy was going to jump in.

I can do this, but I will not do the random draw, this needs to be done the traditional way this site has always done in the past... oh man there is no way I'm touching that!

maybe I'm misreading this, so please let me know exactly what it is we are doing. I was thinking this would be a www.overclockersclub.com cometition, this sounds like a band-a guys that went out drinking one night..... Can the site support this, perhaps use the orginal judges used in the earlier contests?

never-the less, I will take the sample, if that is what was requested, post them here and do another sample on Jan 1 and post the results.

We have time to do more planning if we run this for 3 months starting on Oct 1. We have most of this week to do it. AND get a post on the home page.

:bah::blink: das presure

I'm all for this.  It's more 'fair' to those in the lower ranks and that's where we need to focus the incentives.  Since this contest is a member initiative and not an 'official' contest, I think we should just agree to do it.  No one has to participate, but I reall hope everyone will jump on the bandwagon and root for those who are improving their positions.  I nominate Flagg to be our color commentator :lol:  At one point I was happy if I could rach 500 ppd, now I'm almost at a consistentent 1K ppd.  With this move to overtake anadtech, I'm going to commit to trying to double my production to 2K/day and try to stay out of bigred's way for as long as I can!

Edit:

And i'm commited to back up bigred's generosity with the donation of a new power supply however we decide to award it.

Yes that is what we need new and people with more machines, and present people to increase a little if they can. I have been in 3rd place forever it seems it took long enough to get there, I have been folding since christmas holidays 03 and started with one machine and kept adding, evidently I must have lost a few people that were running it for me because for a long time I was putting out over 2,000 a day, its all for a good cause, just think maybe even one of us even here folding may get use or need some of this info some day we never know, I am with what ever ya guys decide. I am sure glad to see Flag jumped in here and helped, production quickly and Big Red also, and I am not forgetting the guys with 1 or 2 pcs if not for them we would not be were we are today, thats why its a team every single CPU helps, we just need more of them to get more production going. I go with what ever you all decide it does not matter to me as long as it will help get new members, and possibly increase production of present members, I probably will be stuck with what I have for a while due to circumstances beyond my control, other than I may add 1 more P2 450 mhz today. So lets do it come on eveyone help out, do not let your CPU just sit there, make it work! As long as prizes are given out every so often however you all decide to do it, it will be an incentive for people to fold more. What ever it is you do decide put it outside this thread so the non folders will be able to see it. only folding members see this thread and I am sure if big Red has already spoke to matt it will be posted on the front page, lets rock & roll!

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

I'll do the snap shots and post them. Can we advertise on the home page... promote the heck out of this!

After looking at the ppd idea of mine I'm thinking it best if we kill that idea, it will be too subjective to an arguement.

I suggest we promote this all over and egg members on to jump in. I strongly suggest that we clearly define the start date and end date(include time zone for a down to the minute cut off). I can keep track of who moves up and how many tickets earned. Thursday night at mid is a good time to start. The drawing is done by the forum MODs or owner in what ever method they normaly use.

well...

Is this going to work?

time for input is now.... I strongly believe the contest should not change once it starts!

From the sounds of it, it will take many of the users here a load of time to get into a new "club" I've been folding for like 2-3 months, and i'm just abotu 10k. . . . .  For people with slower machines, it will be way to hard for them to progess 5k, or even 15k.

Yeah, well I'm just ahead of you (and peddling hard :P) took me 12mths+ to get this far, starting with an OC'ed K62-350, and adding a machine (retro) one @ a time... finally building this current 'pride & joy', any further system builds would be risking my life @ the hands of my wife LMAO :lol:

Hmmm... perhaps I could start hiding them in the 'roof space' :P:wacko:

and taz that's the kinda person I'd LOVE to see win this thing :) I want a level playing field that encourages both new members and old members to fold and fold hard. I know I can't fit another rig in the house :( nor do I have the will to muck with the firewall on the server farm intentionally to get anymore rigs going there... more power will just have to come from faster comps and upgrading the ones I have.... of course that happened today :) 250 dual cores are here for an undetermined amount of time....

flag, the call is yours! you choose how to run the contest, I'll give up the goodies.

oh yeah... depending on how this thing posts there might be a nice 2nd prize package.

Edited by bigred

The only way to keep people folding, is to post the stats in a pinned thread, so everyone can SEE who is folding, and how well they are doing...that way they can get a visual on their progress, instead of having to go to stanfords site everytime....maybe someone can do a weekly or daily update or something.

The only way to keep people folding, is to post the stats in a pinned thread, so everyone can SEE who is folding, and how well they are doing...that way they can get a visual on their progress, instead of having to go to stanfords site everytime....maybe someone can do a weekly or daily update or something.

I agree with that I have no idea who won last time or how many tickets I had or anyone else, who won anyway?

:foldon: