Need Ideas

bigred

okay here's the idea. we need to get some inactive members active, help out the guys that are doing what they can with what they have, and hopefully draw in some NEW blood as well.

the question is HOW. how do we choose a winner? the ticket idea works...

anyway here's the offered prizes

DFI AD73 pro motherboard

Amd Athlon XP 2000+

Cooler Master HSF

512mb PC2100 (2 x 256)

now give me some ideas on how to get the most of out of this contest, how to pick the winner, what goals need to be reached ect.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I liked the way the last competition was run (level playing field) based solely on active weeks per ticket ;)

As for duration... as long as you want, you are after all putting up the prize, perhaps run the competition for as long as it took to overtake the next team? <_<

I like the way it was done before, up to chance. I would have liked to check the # of active processors before that last contest and compare it to the # of active processors while the contest was going on. I looked on Stanfords site and it says that we have had 1098 active procesors in the past 50 days. Wish they could narrow that down to the past 7 days or so, might give a more accurate reading.

Or just give the prizes to folder's who's name starts with an S and ends with the number 1. Hmmmm. :ph34r:

I think that the way D3 and LP ran it last time was fair, although the winner has only posted like 5 times and then he left after he won the prize hehe. I agree that we should have it run for as long as we overtake the next team within our reach.

I also like Stach's idea abotu who to give the awards to but... it should start with an N and end with a T :P

OK- I posted in the other thread about this. Whatever idea we come up with, I think it should be geared to getting people to fold and continue folding. Last time we had people fold 1 WU in order to qualify then quit. That doesn't help either the project or the team in the long run.

Not sure on what to do here. But I think that this contest would best serve the team if it accomplished the following.

1. Prompt that members increase their numbers, reward them for extra production.

2. Not to discourage the upper 300s. we must make it a level playing field. Perhaps use percentages. If we can motivate the 300 to 650 ranks to do a marginal increase this would be the same as the top 100 doing a huge increase. (power is in the majority)

3. Promo for new folders, perhaps reward points on each new folder brought in and reward points for how well the new folder is doing.

4. In short all our members average 50pts per day, try to use this contest to boost that average... 75 a day would be a huge increase, 100 perday and the team would be eating beef in a month!

I don't like the random ticket pull from a hat. This does not push members to do better, rather just to set back and do as little as they need to. The contest must be attractive to all members no matter how many points brought in.

Take the above as a frame work and everyone fills in the details with other suggestions.

Hope this helps...

I understand how it shouldnt just be a complete random pick, becuase then nothing gets increased everyone will just stay at around the same production and then we will only get new members.

If we dont do it like that then it would also be unfair for those who put in a hundred WUs a day and those who turn in 1-2 every week. Then those who area already at the top just get the prize. I see no way that this could be fair to everyone. There are ways to make it more fair then by production or random drawings though. I think that something like giving out little items for new folders who stay on the team for a couple of months would be a good idea. By little prizes I mean something like sponser pens or mousepads or something else small like that that someone like BigRed or LP could get for free from sponsors. It just makes the new folders feel welcome and keep folding for a longer time. And maybe something like that too for members who increase their production rapidly or when someone moves up a certian number of spots in the rankings. Well theres just some ideas I thought of, feel free to agree or disagree. :)

maybe if your #'s take a certain % increase then you're in the drawing. like if you can go from 100 pts a day to 110 pts a day (10%) then you're in the drawing. that way some of the guys that can put out 1,000 pts a day have to put out MORE pts a day to keep up with those who aren't putting up those numbers. thus leveling the playing field.

oh man I had an idea.... it is different, and at first you guys might not like it, but I think it does what I posted.

First the team needs to get an income, perhaps donations of some kind to do this.

Make a tier system, like 1000pt club, 20k clup, 100k club. Have alot of them but fewer as you get higher. Each time you reach a tier then you win a prize. Make the prize's value based on the level.

I know if there was a case badge the had "OCC Million Club" I would fight like heck to get it!

OR... oh man I just thought of this...

give them a pic, like stripes in their signature here. AND send them a bic pen or somthing... Maybe like this

1k club $2 prize 1 stripe

10k club $4 prize 2 stripes

25k club $10 prize 3 stripes

50k club $20 prize sgt stripes

75k club $30 prize leut bar

100k club $50 prize major

200k club $60 prize kernal

400k club $100 prize general

million club (forum recigniton prize or somthing big!)

oh man I had an idea.... it is different, and at first you guys might not like it, but I think it does what I posted.

First the team needs to get an income, perhaps donations of some kind to do this.

Make a tier system, like 1000pt club, 20k clup, 100k club. Have alot of them but fewer as you get higher. Each time you reach a tier then you win a prize. Make the prize's value based on the level.

I know if there was a case badge the had "OCC Million Club" I would fight like heck to get it!

OR... oh man I just thought of this...

give them a pic, like stripes in their signature here. AND send them a bic pen or somthing... Maybe like this

1k club $2 prize 1 stripe

10k club $4 prize 2 stripes

25k club $10 prize 3 stripes

50k club $20 prize sgt stripes

75k club $30 prize leut bar

100k club $50 prize major

200k club $60 prize kernal

400k club $100 prize general

million club (forum recigniton prize or somthing big!)

Thats a good idea Flagg... keep people motivated to push harder and fold longer. In my case I've actually doubled my production since the end of the last contest.. Just because....well, I'm addicted and cant stop. :(