Ya Know Ur A Real Ocer When...

kurosen

You know your too much in love with your computer when:

You wake up at 4 O'clock in the morning to go to the bathroom and stop to check your email on the way back to bed.

You turn off your computer and get an awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free internet access.

You laugh at people with 28.8 modems.

You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word processor.com

You can't correspond with your mother because she doesn't have a computer.

When your email box shows "no new messages" and you feel really depressed.

You don't know the gender of your three closest friends because they have nondescript screen name and you never bothered to ask.

You move into a new house and you decide to "Netscape" before you landscape.

Your family always knows where you are

In real life conversations, you don't laugh, you just say "LOL, LOL".

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a real OCer when:

-- when the only reason you have glass cleaner and paper towels in your room is to clean your keyboard and plexi-glass... nothing else.

-- you realize you could do quite well being an architect when you happen to glance over at a completely unintentional replica of the Taj Mahal made out of Coke cans on your desk.

-- when you periodically check hardware websites for new drivers, for some reason thinking they will be infinitely better than current drivers... and when you are the 4th person worldwide to upgrade from v3.67.01 to v3.67.02 video drivers.

-- when a heaping pile of dust somewhere in your home doesnt bother you one bit.. but you see a lil' dust bunnie in your case somewhere and it's time to clean!

-- when you wonder what the world looks like through silver static paper.

-- when your idea of being very patient is letting your AS3 settle over it's curing period.

-- when you have an extra Volcano 9+ laying around, so logically, you epoxy it to your NorthBridge... yeah i sure did.

-- when you have to accept the despair and anguish when somebody proceeds with buying a $1,800 DELL when you know you can build the same exact system at $1,000.

-- when you can't sleep without the lulling, calming hum of 2 or 3 screaming vantec tornadoes.

-- when you are the only person to run to CVS regularly for one thing: rubbing alcohol.

-- when you save money on heating your home thanks to raw Athlon power.

when you have an extra Volcano 9+ laying around, so logically, you epoxy it to your NorthBridge... yeah i sure did.

how did u get it to stay? I mean that thing is a beast.

When you halfto move your bed out of your room becuase its to hot to sleep! thats me...

when you don't move your bed because you never really sleep after all.

whe your wife is willing to take a second job so that you can build an extra room for your rigs and she can sleep like most humas do, in a dark quiet bedroom.

when you do get to sleep in a quiet place you wake up scared because you miss the sound of 20 small fans.

when the controller at your work place investigates you because building computers for all of your co workers is a "conflict of interests"

whe you come out clean of the investigation because you never made a single dollar from building pcs, you did it just for fun.

(by the way I named my son Linux long before the IBM Linux commercials)

I hope you're kidding.

When you manage to frighten other fellow OverClockers

BTW my son is named Linux after Linus Torvalds, but in order to avoid a expensive divorce, he got Linux for his middle name, not his first name.

You drink enough caffiene on a regular basis to give a horse heart murmmers...

When you think "If you can't google for it, it doesn't exist"

When doing everything online becomes like this...

When there isn't a word in the bios you don't know....

When you could navigate your bios without turning on your monitor...

When that 3 extra mhz makes your entire day...

When your case is attached to the ground by chains to keep your system from flying away...

you're a real ocer when you get expeled from school for overclocking computers in the library...*cough* maybe someone remembers that thread where i posted about ocing those....lets jsut say i dun go to school there anymore=)

LOL its funny you mention it.... I know a guy from school who did that.... he is still paying for the replacement computer... He is still looking for another school... LOL

You know you are a Ocer when....

you walk into the new computer store near you and all of a sudden you feel as if you wet your pants!! (Wait a minute... did i do that before? :withstupid::ph34r: .....NAAAA)

Edited by Newport

When the IT people at school as YOU for advice regarding computers. (happens daily for me)

When the only human contact you get is when you're delivering a computer you built.

The FedEx guy is very familiar with your neighborhood. (and the newegg sales department for that matter)

When you overclock old P1's just because you can...it's not like they're going to be any faster

You have the AC on in the winter because all your rigs keep your room too hot.

Your favorite beverage is Bawls.

When the IT people at school as YOU for advice regarding computers. (happens daily for me)

When the only human contact you get is when you're delivering a computer you built.

The FedEx guy is very familiar with your neighborhood. (and the newegg sales department for that matter)

When you overclock old P1's just because you can...it's not like they're going to be any faster

You have the AC on in the winter because all your rigs keep your room too hot.

Your favorite beverage is Bawls.

When you ARE the only IT people at your school :lol:

When you have dreams like this:

woke up and walked to my computer...

saw smoke rising off the cpu like it was a chimney...

held down the power button and computer kept running...

pulled the power plug... still running...

looked for other plugs... now there's 20 of them!

pull them all out... computer's still running... more smoke...

case window turns into a monitor... what???

wake up. stumble to computer. usually annoying fan-opera suddenly best sound in the world.

When you have dreams like this:

woke up and walked to my computer...

saw smoke rising off the cpu like it was a chimney...

held down the power button and computer kept running...

pulled the power plug... still running...

looked for other plugs... now there's 20 of them!

pull them all out... computer's still running... more smoke...

case window turns into a monitor... what???

wake up. stumble to computer. usually annoying fan-opera suddenly best sound in the world.

wow! :O i didn't know people had the same kind of nightmares as me :O