Ya Know Ur A Real Ocer When...

kurosen

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* when you open the windows of your computer room in the WINTER to keep the temps down

* when you oc/bench your computer with it outside the house in the winter

* when you look out for useful modding supplies when out shopping at a hardware / plumbing / lighting / auto-parts / toy store

* when you set up an eBay account for selling and build up your feedback so you can start selling expensive items so you can buy more hardware cos your bank account and credit cards are all maxed out and you've been doing all your food shopping at the cheapest place in town for like half a year (yes, this is me :lol:)

lol, nrg I am surprised there were no meatlocker comments haha. :P

-You know your a real OCer when you have so many fans on your video card that you can't see the card. (;) @ tbone)

-You know your a real OCer when you beat the crap out of your best friend because he bought a Dell. hehe....

-You know your a real OCer when your order 2 of everything just incase you fry something.

EDIT: and one more too add to swifty's....

when you have a computer in practically every room but the bathoom, kitchen, and closet.

-You know your a real OCer when you DO have a computer in every room including the bathroom, kitchen, and closet. hahaha :lol:

When you spend so much time on your computers, that you end up never getting out, and women are out of the question; you debate whether your computers or women are better (hey, have you ever tried OCing a woman?)

(hey, have you ever tried OCing a woman?)

469248[/snapback]

yea I did but she smacked me. I guess she didn't like where I put the soldering iron. lol. :lol:

- when your idea of a good time is getting a new high for yourself in 3dmark05 while getting some.

- when you tell your GF that she is the most beautiful thing in the world, next to your compy. (got slaped for that one)

- when you ahve seen all of the 3dmark's hundreds of times, yet you still think they are cewl wehn you see them one more time

Lol, some of these apply to me, and some to my older brother...

One freezing winter day, he had his window open and was sitting there without a shirt, because his rig was too OC'd.

You know you're an OCer when...

You know the x86 architecture by heart.

You get a temp of 100*F with a Mach II properly installed.

You OC everything in your house that you possibly can... *is guilty of wanting to OC his speakers, monitor, and brain).

You wish your brain had a registry, along with your GF's brain...

Hell, just think of the possibilities on that one:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Emotions\Mood\Bitchiness 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Organs\Repro... I won't go any farther on that one :).

You know you overclock too much when you walk into a computer store and the newest hardware they have was released the month before.

You know you overclock too much when you have top of the line hardware and your local comp shops wont touch your system.

You know you overclock too much when you take your computer to a local comp shop and they refuse to touch your system because they feel they might "spill or break" your water cooling. :P

You know you overclock too much when you only worry about the hardware that matters.. ... . i.e 3k in the computer and a 13in crt monitor.

You know you overclock too much when you've met 2 other local ocers though overclockersclub.com.

You know you overclock too much when you changed to socket 939 for only 300 points higher in cpu arithmatic.

You know you overclock too much when you lose interest in your computer 20 minutes after the top benchmark score possible.

You know you overclock too much when you consider phase change + water cooling and still call your rig "mobile".

You know you overclock too much when you are judge a friend on how fast his processor is :-P

You know you overclock too much when your daily routine consists of

-wake up

-check forums/email

-drink bawls

-school (checking forums every time you are at a computer)

-benching for 8 hrs

:-)

When you can tell a major difference between a 72Hz and 75Hz refresh rate.

When you notice someone has used your computer because of the position of the mouse on the mousepad.

You know you are a real overclocker when you do not have your comp in a case, and if you are on the phone you can not hear over the tornados in your case.

You also know that you are real overclock when you have the best of the best and you do not pla games with it, you just bench.

Edited by tbone2sk

When you spend so much time on your computers, that you end up never getting out, and women are out of the question; you debate whether your computers or women are better (hey, have you ever tried OCing a woman?)

469248[/snapback]

yes i have. three times this week. lets just say that i've had a good week...

wow, i didnt realise this thread was from 2004 til i saw the General912 had posted. where is he these days? probably:

"you know when you are a true oc'er when you are to |337 to post on forums"

:lol: