[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Say it to my 40 year old bolts who's heads turn into a circle if you apply any torque to them... They're so frail and brittle yet so jammed in there that its a nightmare and I have to drill them all out.

Thats why vicegrips were invented.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did my Tie rod ends today too (when you're doing ONLY that, it's like the easiest job ever :D)

lol. Still have to go for the alignment though... :P

I'll bug my friend one of these days (works at a dealership), but I think it should be pretty much perfect since I didn't mess with the adjustment screw so I don't think the toe'd be out much if at all.

Had to do a temporary alignment -- have to drive to the airport this week and of course it being Labor Day Monday -- no where to go to get one...if I'm lucky I'll get on in Tuesday before leaving. Nice surprise trip boss.  :rtfm:

Drove it a little to get grocery, clearly isn't perfect but shouldn't be too bad on the tires. Just a has a little more toe-in than I'd like. Definitely not a trivial thing to do. :P

But I did get the ashtray in to clean up the interior looks as well as a new 12V plug to charge on the go. Even made it match the handles! The last owner beat up the dash a bit -- but looks pretty good considering...

post-72615-0-23800600-1378162140_thumb.jpg  post-72615-0-00067100-1378162171_thumb.jpg

Woot! Got my alignment done FINALLY! The steering wheel is straight and the car drives straight!! OMG MAGIC!! lol

Slowly getting in LEDs from China to change out lights -- looking better every day. :)

Edit (update):

Crappy cell pictar Waco took of my lights all hooked up properly. :)

post-72615-0-62532600-1378611407_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...