[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been watching this thread for a while now, but I have been too busy with school. 

Congrats on the car panda. For some reason I thought the miata was yours and not wacos ( yes I am THAT out of the loop). 

@stonerboy: IDK what your import laws are like, but if you like JDM cars, why don't you just buy one used from japan and put it on a boat to AUS? 

@ mythos: *cough* just bought and FB mazda rx7 *cough*. I am actually trying to rebuild the engine over thanksgiving break. The engine does run after ~300K miles though with the original engine. So maybe it is blessed. 

Sanks. Honestly I like driving the miata too. It's technically half mine. It's more Waco's toy to play with but I still steal it every now and then for a spin. The Focus is just mine to play with -- 

The Corvette is the best of the three toys though...hahaha

Corvette? I have not seen that one. 

I say stick a turbo in the miata and steal is from waco all together.  :yes:

Yea -- I drove it today too. :)

post-72615-0-36441600-1383447119_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-97385300-1383447125_thumb.jpg

Miata is great but for longer drives here in the desert I like me a little A/C (thus the focus). Besides that, snow is coming -- my car is best with FWD. haha

Bah... Drive the Miata in the snow, that'll really make you pucker... I drove the Z with bald rears in the rain for the past month. The very stiff anti-roll bars make for some very interesting handling. The car has no body roll, so the ass steps out very easily. 

LS1! It would spank an SR20... People put both in the Z cars, but the SR20s are always trumped by LS1s.

Yeah but the Sr20 is cheaper and is better with gas mileage. My local junkyard is trying to charge WAYYYyyyyy too much money for either engine. 

Yeah but the Sr20 is cheaper and is better with gas mileage. My local junkyard is trying to charge WAYYYyyyyy too much money for either engine. 

The 'vette gets 32 MPG on the highway. Just sayin'.

IDK what your import laws are like, but if you like JDM cars, why don't you just buy one used from japan and put it on a boat to AUS?

It would be a fortune that way. I may be able to get a car that is already imported (hasn't spent its whole life in Japan's air) and has a good history. I only have to put up with the fact the paint is trashed (body is fine). It may cost me 2-3k and another 2k to fully replace all seals, weather stripping, other rubbers, tubes and filters that have deteriorated. It is otherwise supposedly mechanically A1 bar the alternator and the fact it had it's battery disconnected and hasn't turned over in years.

Anyway Blue whats next for the focus?

@ mythos: *cough* just bought and FB mazda rx7 *cough*. I am actually trying to rebuild the engine over thanksgiving break. The engine does run after ~300K miles though with the original engine. So maybe it is blessed.

Haha it must be, my friend was telling me his (FD) has to be rebuilt every 80K to run at its best. GTFO mazda lol (not to mention the piss poor gas mileage rotaries get considering their weight/power) I'm just not a rotary fan, I'd only drive someone else's rx-# but I can never see the practicality in owning one... you'd be wise to drop another motor in there lol

Nice and that's with the vette's weight too, it HAS to be better in a lighter body.

Anyway Blue whats next for the focus?

Actually...a bit of cosmetics this time. Going to paint part of the door panel that was poorly fixed (I'll post a pic) and have a little fun plastidipping the wheels...

Waco got me new door handles since the passenger side is borke. May do sound proofing while I have the doors apart for the third time...

Haha it must be, my friend was telling me his (FD) has to be rebuilt every 80K to run at its best. GTFO mazda lol (not to mention the piss poor gas mileage rotaries get considering their weight/power) I'm just not a rotary fan, I'd only drive someone else's rx-# but I can never see the practicality in owning one... you'd be wise to drop another motor in there lol

Nice and that's with the vette's weight too, it HAS to be better in a lighter body.

Yeah, but the issue is that an engine swap would be a few grand, and I only spent 650 on the car, so it is really hard for me to justify the upgrade. 

Who knows, I might just rebuild the car and try to flip it so that I can get my hands on an FD or a mitsubishi evo.