[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want some free performance improvements, start lightening it. You'd be amazed at how much shit you don't need you can get rid of that you don't need. 

Edited by Onion

If you want some free performance improvements, start lightening it. You'd be amazed at how much shit you don't need you can get rid of that you don't need. 

I did this with the tiger once...stripped the ENTIRE interior...just had teh drivers seat. Was actually sound proofing but drove it a couple a days naked. Fun -- but don't have much more to take out of the Focus.

What about useless shit like the washer bottle? I yanked mine out, and I haven't had wipers most of the time either. Anything that isn't vital to the car running is in the garage. I do have a second seat because my roommate and I car pool sometimes. 

Edited by Onion

What about useless shit like the washer bottle? I yanked mine out, and I haven't had wipers most of the time either. Anything that isn't vital to the car running is in the garage. I do have a second seat because my roommate and I car pool sometimes. 

Need that one around here. It's winter and shit is all over the window from the road splash -- without fluid it's not a fun drive.

I have seats because Waco and I carpool all the time -- plus I have an extra 30+lb sub box I can't live without...weight won't help me a ton. I still want it to look half nice regardless of the beater it is. 

I like little improvements for the fun of playing with the car -- cheap per hour fun..

Besides, do you really think 5 pounds from removing the washer bottle helps? :lol: I bet you removed it because your pump and wipers are busted anyway. :D

This....for I removed my A/C system in my car, ran a shorter belt and gutted all A/C components because I think just the compressor was shot :teehee: