[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you implying that your car is a supercar? :lol:

Let me know when it can hit 60 in under 9 seconds. :D

Not a supercar, but I don't know what to call it other than a sports car. :lol: I mean, it's been lightened, has performance mods, and sure as hell rides like a sports car. For reference, if you've driven the BRZ/FRS/GT-86, it feels similar to that. 

Actually, that might be sooner than you think. :lol: I found an L28 shortblock for sale for $100, and a full L28ET in perfect condition for $450. I can work on the L28 since the Z already has an engine. KA24DE pistons to match the 30 overbore, and if I can get my hands on one, an LD28 crank (to be used with the 2.4 conrods, not the 2.8). 3.1 liter straight 6 with a P90a head (fairly cheap, under $400) puts down nice numbers and high compression. If I can't find a crank, I can just run the 2.8 crank and be at 3.0 and still make some nice power. :) Plus, I have orientation at Best Buy tomorrow, so the money is gonna start flowing in. 

You could just throw a chevy small block in it and be done. 

Or I could spend under $500 and have a 2.8 turbo...

Yeah you spend the same on a small block chevy and burn the tire off that thing for a long as you want to hold the go pedal down.

Yeah but then there's the expense of a wire harness, modifications to make it fit, engine mounts, etc. The motor is cheap, every other little thing adds up and makes it pricy. Also, I like the L28, straight 6 motors sound so nice. Plus, my exhaust, suspension, etc would be unaffected, it all was built around an L6.

A corvette?!

Very good IVI :)

That came outta nowhere lol

I thought the Focus would be your DD/Toy and remove the necessity of another car.

RWD and V8 muscle was certainly the last combo I thought I'd see you two get.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

A corvette?!

Very good IVI :)
That came outta nowhere lol

I thought the Focus would be your DD/Toy and remove the necessity of another car.

RWD and V8 muscle was certainly the last combo I thought I'd see you two get.

lol. 

The Focus is still my DD and Toy :lol: The miata is still Waco's DD/Toy 

We had to have one "nice" car between the two of us...lol  Besides that; don't think I wanna take the vette up the snowy mountain in the next few months...to much VROOOOM in the snow == bad bad bad...

Not a bad choice, just an unexpected one.

What was your budget, were there other competing models??

It belonged to Waco's dad. He helped him work on it when he got it back in the day...

He finally decided to sell so Dave took first dibbs...flew to FL last weekend and drove 2000 miles back. Car now lives with us :)