OCC drivers can't help themselves but ruin their cars...

Onion

if the frame is bent let it go....

If you start drag racing the car it becomes unsafe if the frame isn't 100% straight and you start putting power to it... bad things can happen...

Or pull the frame and get a tube chassis.........................

I got my license about a week and a few days ago. Holy . I feel like I am already a better driver than 95% of the people around where I live. People run stop signs without looking, don't turn on their turn signal. Seriously, how do these morons get their license. When I had a permit I had a stupid old lady in a fcking Prius do a right turn on Red when I was already accelerating and I had a green light. Another person honked their horn at my brother at a red light, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TURN RIGHT ON A RED LIGHT. Seriously, ridiculous how awful people drive here.

Thanks for your wishes everyone.

As predicted, the frame is kind of bad... Here are some new pics. Also there are a lot of scratches, and things have shifted. Gaps on one side of the car aren't the same size on the other side, etc. Here are some more pictures.

20120827_164411.jpg

20120827_164415.jpg

20120827_164426.jpg

20120827_164440.jpg

20120827_164452.jpg

20120827_164459.jpg

20120827_164512.jpg

20120827_164554.jpg

20120827_164601.jpg

20120827_164624.jpg

20120827_164629.jpg

20120827_164651.jpg

20120827_164657.jpg

20120827_164721.jpg

20120827_164705.jpg

20120827_164710.jpg

If the frame isn't bent but they put it up as a total loss, I'm gonna buy it back and rebuild it as a pure track car and get a beater as a daily driver. Maybe a 4.0 Jeep, reliable as hell! Used to have one of those, my dad put 180k on the clock before selling it.

Yeah, motor and tranny problems from the sound of it. :( 20 mph is a pretty strong jolt though, I didn't expect it to be fine.

Word up!

*BTW judging by those pics, maybe it wouldn't be the best idea to buy it back lol.

Edited by MJCRO

Looks like the rocker box is toast. That should be fixable. The Mustang is a unibody car as such it has front and rear sub frames not a full perimeter frame. The body is the connection between the sub frames.

Looks like the rocker box is toast. That should be fixable. The Mustang is a unibody car as such it has front and rear sub frames not a full perimeter frame. The body is the connection between the sub frames.

The amount it'll cost to fix it is more than the cost of a new one, so they're probably gonna scrap it. I'll buy it back, and then buy a stock one and transfer all my mods. Once that's done, I'll part out the rest for cheap, cut my losses, and sell whats left as scrap.

Do you really want to go through the hassle of buying it if they're gonna total it? Your mods aren't worth *that* much and they'll generally let you rip out aftermarket parts if you ask. :cheers:

If they let me rip out aftermarket parts, then I will, but yeah, the car's got some money in it that I can take back.

Short throw shifter, $200.

Shift handle, $35

Long tube headers, $???

Off-road X-pipe, $???

Flowmaster Super 40, $400

BBK CAI, $60

78mm throttle body and plenum, $40?

Hood, $450

Bumper, $350

New Nitto 555s in the rear, $550

Bullitt wheels, $700?

Head unit, $140

That's nearly $3500 assuming the headers and x-pipe are ~$500.

Probably some other stuff, too. Point is, it adds up.

Edit: Oh, also got Steeda springs, that should be another couple hundred. Also got a new Maximum Motorsports steering shaft, which I paid $300 for. $4000 just in parts right there. Also have a brand new serpentine belt, $35, brand new AC put in, $250, and a brand new Motorcraft battery, $140. Got 3.73 gears on it but that's not worth the hassle.

But yeah, if they let me rip parts off it, hell yeah! I'll let them keep the car and take most things.

Edited by Onion

idk...that big parts list, i doubt they would let you take that much, without buying it back. That is most of what they would auction the car off for. If it was just the headers, and a few other small stuff maybe, but not with the wheels, hood, and what not. Just my opinion though. Doesn't hurt to ask them, worst they say is no.

Edited by RimX

idk...that big parts list, i doubt they would let you take that much, without buying it back. That is most of what they would auction the car off for. If it was just the headers, and a few other small stuff maybe, but not with the wheels, hood, and what not. Just my opinion though. Doesn't hurt to ask them, worst they say is no.

Yeah, I doubt it too. I wish I had the stock parts though, they're all back home in Miami. :( I could have swapped out a lot of them. If they say no, I'll just buy the car back and salvage what I can.