OCC drivers can't help themselves but ruin their cars...

Onion

Well today I was returning to my dorm. I'm at a red light, first car, center lane. The incoming lane is turning left (going from my left to my right into a shopping center). My light turns green, so I accelerate. A first car turning left runs the red light, I slam my brakes and barely miss it. A second car (2 car lengths behind the first) also runs the light, I try to gun it to get out of the way, but I only end up halfway out of the way, and BAM. 20 MPH impact on my driver door. Got shook up pretty bad. Neck hurts, real dizzy, bad headache, lower back hurts pretty bad too. Went to the hospital, got x-rays, nothing major is wrong, just a lot of muscle stuff. Got hit so hard that I scraped my left elbow against my door when I got hit. Here's the damage... Car is undriveable and got towed. Can't even open my door, had to crawl out with back pain.

Engine makes a terrible sound, and the car doesn't want to get into first gear.

20120826_142758.jpg

20120826_142805.jpg

20120826_142811.jpg

20120826_142820.jpg

20120826_142827.jpg

20120826_142835.jpg

20120826_142854.jpg

20120826_142901.jpg

20120826_142905.jpg

20120826_142915.jpg

20120826_142919.jpg

I believe the bet was me wrecking my car and me being at fault. Not some idiot running a red light and smashing into the side of my car. But hey, bp can pull out his OCC magnifying glass and verify the facts.

My back isn't doing too good. I'm about to take my prescription and probably pass out since its some strong stuff, so I'll be back in 12 hours to reply or something like that.

I believe the bet was me wrecking my car and me being at fault. Not some idiot running a red light and smashing into the side of my car.

You are at fault, as a negligent driver that doesn't pay attention to his surrounding to see if it is clear.

Just gunning it when the light hits green isn't going to keep you safe.

You are at fault, as a negligent driver that doesn't pay attention to his surrounding to see if it is clear.

Thanks officer.

I slammed on the brakes to miss the first car that ran the red light, however the second one thought it'd be a brilliant idea to follow the first car that ran the light. She was headed right for the front of my car, I floor it and only get halfway out of the way and then got hit.

Meh figured it wouldn't be long before you got something else...

You are going to be the Nyt of Cars...:lol:

I wanted either a trade for a termi cobra or a kenne bell blower for this car. Its such a shame this car got wrecked, I liked it and paid a pretty decent price. Unlike Nyt, I won't have mom and dad buy me new ones though. :lol:

Edited by Onion

He's not at fault in terms of the law. Running a light is always at fault.

That said, glad you're in one piece! That car is probably totaled but hopefully you'll get a good valuation on it.

This is a good example of why you should always watch for idiots running lights before you start to move...if it looks like they aren't going to stop I don't even let off the brake.

That said, glad you're in one piece! That car is probably totaled but hopefully you'll get a good valuation on it.

This is a good example of why you should always watch for idiots running lights before you start to move...if it looks like they aren't going to stop I don't even let off the brake.

The frame is bent as hell, I looked at it from the front and back and the lines don't match up. I'm not going to get any money for all the mods on the car, so I'll have to do what you did and buy my car back and rip everything out of it. Ugh, just such a pain in the butt when I don't even have a place to work on my car because I'm in school.

Bosco got a Mustang shortly after us, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to him.

Mustangs aren't very good cars for stopping with stock roll bars and brakes. There was not a single chance of me stopping before that second car hit me.

Of course never said that wan't the case. He will get everything sorted out with insurance and the oth driver is a t fault there.

I need to remember you guys drive on the wrong side haha. It's grest that you stepped out of the side with just muscle pain.

This is why he is at fault imo haha

I see so many idiots that run red lights especially when it is for turning sets which don't last long or for things like shopping centers. Too many people don't like to wait so as a driver you always need to pay attention to the conditions around you and don't trust anyone to follow laws or signals.