OCC drivers can't help themselves but ruin their cars...

Onion

Update: Car is insured. Owner of the car will be the one paying me for damages. The lady driving the car will be sued for driving it when she wasn't on the insurance (basically uninsured driving), lying to the police, and for the injury. The owner of the vehicle will also be sued for the injury, and lending the car to someone not on his/her insurance policy.

Its all making sense now. The lady that hit me was crying at the scene and didn't file the claim with the insurance because she wasn't supposed to be driving that vehicle.

Edited by Onion

This. With permission from the owner the woman's insurance should cover her driving another vehicle.

I know mine does...

It's not just with permission of the owner here. I spoke to the other insurance company and the representative explained it to me. There should be written consent, and the insurance company should be notified.

For example...

Owner: Hi Insurance, Person 1 is going to drive my car next week.

Insurance: Certainly, sir. We'll need you to verify your identity and then we will quote you for the insurance for a week with an extra driver.

Owner: Okay, here's my info.

Insurance: Okay. That'll be $20 for the week with Person 1.

Person 1: Thanks for lending me your car. I promise, I won't run it into an onion in a green mustang.

This. With permission from the owner the woman's insurance should cover her driving another vehicle.

I know mine does...

Depends on the coverage. I'm the only driver insured to drive my vehicles.

The lady driving the car will be sued for driving it when she wasn't on the insurance (basically uninsured driving), lying to the police, and for the injury. The owner of the vehicle will also be sued for the injury, and lending the car to someone not on his/her insurance policy.

Are you a fucking idiot? No offence meant buddy haha sure the accident didn't screw with your head.

If you sue someone for driving a car where they aren't on the insurance policy I really feel sorry for the state of america and then because suing the driver wasn't enough it is time to sue the owner of the car that is just insanity.

I have only been in one accident ever. That accident also happened to total my mates car :-/ Now if he thought like you he could have gone ahead and sued for all sorts. I wasn't nominated on the policy and to top it off dues to some messed up stuff with the insurance company i was technically driving an uninsured vehicle now if I had know it was uninsured then I wouldn't have been in the thing.

There were issues with changing from a fully comp to 3rd party insurance a few months previous and unknown to me and my parents the ca had had it's insurance canceled not changed. In the end that was sorted out but the issue in your eyes would remain that I am a non nominated driver but wait insurance companies have provisions for this its called a non nominated driver excess. So along with my age excess and standard excess i had to pay nearly $1K :pfp: So very glad the person I hit wasn't you even though the person I hit lost every single bit of his just freshly redone body work, along with all his new wheels and well his entire car with damages totaling over market value.

You to put things a little harshly need to man up in my opinion and just resort to suing the car has insurance just let your insurance company sort everything else out.

It's not just with permission of the owner here. I spoke to the other insurance company and the representative explained it to me. There should be written consent, and the insurance company should be notified.

For example...

Insurance: Certainly, sir. We'll need you to verify your identity and then we will quote you for the insurance for a week with an extra driver.

Person 1: Thanks for lending me your car. I promise, I won't run it into an onion in a green mustang.

Your insurance system sucks why not have the reasonable thing of an uninsured/non nominated driver excess?

More like;

Insurance: Is she the one that ran into Onion in a green mustang by accident?

Owner: Correct

Insurance: *Beep*