• Married
    • Engaged
    • Dating
    • Single
    • Forever alone
    • Divorced
    • Widow/widower
    • Remarried

It can be done without being close as well. My roommate's girlfriend lives in California and he lives in Michigan most of the year. They are still going strong after 5 years (2 in HS and 3 in college)

Very true. My girlfriend's best friend is dating someone she was with in high school for three years and then he moved to Wales. A year later, they're still doing great.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when you get back together, you'll both realize that you've both changed dramatically and wind up just being friends instead :P.

Dated one girl for three years, we decided to move to just being friends a few months ago. I've got a very close friend who's a girl right now, but we've only hung out together for a couple of months. Way too soon to be talking about being bf/gf.

EDIT: So, single.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

Very true. My girlfriend's best friend is dating someone she was with in high school for three years and then he moved to Wales. A year later, they're still doing great.

My closest friend and bestest roommate dated a guy from HS for two years after going to college -- they broke up. :mellow:

Distance sucks, if you can't see each other enough and when the books pile up -- it just won't be the same. A phone call doesn't cut it...

But this is why I still have Waco -- I left my school to come to his crazy school :D

My closest friend and bestest roommate dated a guy from HS for two years after going to college -- they broke up. :mellow:

Distance sucks, if you can't see each other enough and when the books pile up -- it just won't be the same. A phone call doesn't cut it...

But this is why I still have Waco -- I left my school to come to his crazy school :D

How long had you been together when you decided to go to his school?

Married of course. Next week will be 25 years of marriage but tie another 4 .5 years on top of that for dating and its been close to 30 years with my wife!

Congrats! :cheers::thumbsup:

I like polite woman.... those that blow off at the mouth irritate me... LOL

Amen brother. Careful what you wish for Tjj.

It can be done without being close as well. My roommate's girlfriend lives in California and he lives in Michigan most of the year. They are still going strong after 5 years (2 in HS and 3 in college)

Gotta love "open" relationships :)

Edited by wevsspot

How long had you been together when you decided to go to his school?

Don't laugh. Around 8 months. :lol:

We clicked immediately when we met back in early 2009. By spring 2010 she had moved 1500 miles from CO to SC. :)

Amen brother. Careful what you wish for Tjj.

There's a pretty big difference between "polite" and "I'll never tell you anything that bugs me". People can be polite but still speak their mind...it just takes some tact. :P

so what you're saying is you got a good grip on your man to hand relationship....? LOL ;)

LOL rofl.gif

Well i did almost break my hand and it was so swollen and bruised i could barely pick up a pencil let alone my...

Lucky for me at the time the girl from the complicated situation was in town... So i didn't really need my hand... whistling.gif

Should have had an option for divorced and remarried (that one would have suited Doc and me better :))

Married for the second time. We dated for two years before tying the knot. This November will be 23 years married and 25 total together.

yea should have added that on my account too.... this is my second marriage.... I try to forget the 1st one. I was married for 5 and together for 10 in the prior.... I seems to have the 10 -year itch........................

There's a pretty big difference between "polite" and "I'll never tell you anything that bugs me". People can be polite but still speak their mind...it just takes some tact. :P

You're too progressive Waco. Women should be seen and not heard :)