the Fitness Thread

Arrived at the conclusion the other day that my body appears to be getting old for any fitness. I am not completely unfit as it were, but that football game the other week, well .... .. that hurt. Gonna get back into MA and will try Wing Chun again, plus the gym I suppose. Cycling everyday is not enough really.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out running when it's 75*F outside instead of 95*F makes a HUGE difference. Who knew?

Lucky you. I have to do that in 85 degree heat, minimum. I hate Miami.

Turns out running when it's 75*F outside instead of 95*F makes a HUGE difference. Who knew?

Lucky you. I have to do that in 85 degree heat, minimum. I hate Miami.

What's wrong with you guys talk celsius and make some sense :P

You talk in celsius about your PC temps so why not apply that to everything else along with the rest of the metric system

You talk in celsius about your PC temps so why not apply that to everything else along with the rest of the metric system

Cuz 'Murica!

Kind of just wanted to say that but means I'm here, I do a little bit of weight lifting, that's about it, I depend on my job to cover the rest of my physical activities, which is probably a mistake. I've never really posted in this thread before so I guess to explain my situation a bit, I've been trying to lose weight and get into a healthier life style for about a year now. So far I've lost 60 LBs but have been stuck for several months now at my current weight, so I recently got back into lifting weights as depending on my job for exercise isn't working out as I had hoped.

Recently given up on gaining muscle mass and started working on stamina because it get annoying trying to do a 90 minute football (soccer) match and pulling up in the 82nd because my hamstring has had enough. Been following an excercise regime I found on 4chan and its worked really well.

Quick question though guys. Is it wierd that I'm a good 10kg heavier than other people on my team. I weigh 92kg as of 2 weeks back and the nearest friend of mine is 79kg but we're about the same size. Is that wierd?

Weirdest thing happened at the gym yesterday.

I usually do something called Tabata interval training almost everyday, its an exercise to get your cardio and endurance up while losing fat really, really fast with a thing called Afterburn Effect. Google it for those who don't know. I still do it.

The reason I started this was because I used to have a six-pack but lost it during school because I did ZERO exercise.

Also I wanted to build my muscles back before school starts again, so I started hitting the gym really hard for a month.

On the bench (45 pound bar) I was doing 25 plates on each side to begin with, and then moved to doing 3 sets of 35 plates, around 5-6 reps. (I'm only a 135 pound guy)

Then I got lazy, and stopped going to the gym for 2 weeks, but still doing the Tabata training.

Yesterday I went to the gym with my friend and I tried doing a 45 plate and to my surprise, I pumped out 4 reps , 3 reps, and 3 reps of it.

Weird huh? Maybe I could have done those already and just didnt attempt it, but my goal was to bench my own weight and I'm suddenly reached my goal. Or somehow the Tabata training helped build muscle?

Either way, I am super happy I am benching my own weight and hopefully increasing the reps to 6 and doing 3 sets of it by the end of the summer.

I usually talk in celvius, I'm French. Metric is so much more logical.