the Fitness Thread

Ran/jogged 4 times last week. Same ~3.4km route every time

Monday: 20:00

Tuesday: 19:36

Wednesday: 19:20

Thursday: 18:52

then went out Friday to the rugby and stupidly took the long weekend off. killing the good rhythm i had going. Started back up tuesday.

This week so far:

Tuesday: 19:18

Wednesday: 19:12

Thursday: 18:41 - New PB. probably would have been closer to 18:30 if not for getting stuck giving way to cars / fumbling app on phone

If i can go under 18:30 I'll be very happy with my progress for ~2.5weeks. considering 2 weeks ago i was around the 20:30 mark. Next week: new slightly longer route

Careful with overtraining. Your muscles and respiratory system might be able to handle it, but your ligaments and such doesn't improve as quickly. Be sure to get adequate rest. Can't stress it enough, as I've been there myself. Ran too fast and too far too quick, which ended in a runners knee and really sore muscles that took a week to recuperate.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome Troy! I've had to buy some new clothes this year as well, and plan to get back into it after I get back from my work trip.

Thanks Nick! Yeah, I may need to buy new clothes, especially belts. I have some older ones that may work before long, but just need to lose some more inches first.

Wow nice man!! Congratz, you gotta keep up the good work.

I think I've lost about 35 lbs now, but i didn't look 7" from my stomach and 5" from my waist, you really bossed it up there, I only lost like 3 on my stomach and 2 on my waist. Waist i probably can't lose much more, but my stomach could stand to lose another 5" or so, lol.

Again man really happy for you, How do you feel? Better I'd assume.

Thanks! Oh yeah, definitely feel better. Nice to be able to fit through small gaps or have shirts that go several inches past my stomach. I still have a ways to go, but it's nice being able to put on a pair of shorts without having to suck in any of the guy to button them. :lol:

Been going to Lysterfield Lake a lot recently and been riding the single track on my mountain bike while my mate trains on his surf ski.

The lake was pretty damn mad yesterday because the whole thing looked a deep purple.

Started running again too and my God I have fallen a long way down to half an hour to do my 6k run.

Tomorrow starts a 4 week routine I am going to ride 15kms from my house to the thousand steps will run up and down them and then ride home I want to try do this two mornings in a row take a break and then begin again.

Careful with overtraining. Your muscles and respiratory system might be able to handle it, but your ligaments and such doesn't improve as quickly. Be sure to get adequate rest. Can't stress it enough, as I've been there myself. Ran too fast and too far too quick, which ended in a runners knee and really sore muscles that took a week to recuperate.

I can honestly say i dont think im pushing myself too hard. I do it at a constant pace and i do a ~3-5min warm up on a cross trainer, ~3-5mins of stretches, jog 4km, slow walk cool down for 2-3min, stretch for ~3-5 min. I've never pushed myself that hard that i feel like vomiting or anything like that. I probably could go faster if i had a personal trainer or equivalent but i think I'm in a good zone atm. Not too fast to cause damage, but not too slow that you dont actually get a workout. and i only run mon-fri

i only ran 2 days last week because i had a cold and felt really cr@p after running on wednesday night. totally regretted it this week. even though it was only half a week off, i can feel the difference. your muscles get used to doing it everyday. whereas this week i'm feeling sore from mon & tues running ~4km in 21min.

Tomorrow starts a 4 week routine I am going to ride 15kms from my house to the thousand steps will run up and down them and then ride home I want to try do this two mornings in a row take a break and then begin again.

You're insane :lol: i'd only do one or the other. a 15km ride is enough of workout on its own. let alone the thousand steps. ill never forget the first time i did them. someone told me it was the 100 steps. not the 1000 steps. Missing that extra zero makes a big difference :lol:

I may just be insane but I have done it before :) and what I did last time was the stairs up and down then back up and did a loop round the park and back to my bike :) going to be done a couple hours

Full time job + full time student doesn't leave too much time for working out. I've been losing weight simply because I'm not eating anymore. Does anyone have suggestions on how to stay in shape while working ~12 hours a day?

Full time job + full time student doesn't leave too much time for working out. I've been losing weight simply because I'm not eating anymore. Does anyone have suggestions on how to stay in shape while working ~12 hours a day?

Eat regularly and small, stairs where you can not lifts and a minutes workout every other day.

Minutes workout can be whatever you want really but basically something like 10 push ups, 10 situps and 10 pull ups as fast as you can starting on every minute and go for however many minutes you want 5 is a good place to start