the Fitness Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One year ago, I was 221.5 lbs on a 5'10" frame. I started P99X and tracked my calories through MyFitnessPal. I'm down to 173 lbs and feeling great. I've done P90X, TurboFire and I'm just about done with my first round of P90x2. I've gone from a tight size 36 pant to a loose size 32. I even ran a Warrior Dash back in March.

Since the start of the year I've lost nearly 4" from my waist and almost 5" from my stomach. Even my face isn't quite as round as it once was. It still is some, but not as round as before. The scale has only gone down about 12 pounds, but I've added on a fair amount of muscle in place of the fat. A lot of my clothes are fitting better already, and luckily I have a braided belt so I don't have to buy a smaller one yet. :lol:

Since the start of the year I've lost nearly 4" from my waist and almost 5" from my stomach. Even my face isn't quite as round as it once was. It still is some, but not as round as before. The scale has only gone down about 12 pounds, but I've added on a fair amount of muscle in place of the fat. A lot of my clothes are fitting better already, and luckily I have a braided belt so I don't have to buy a smaller one yet. :lol:

Congrats! And I know what you mean about the belt, I'm about to have to punch some new holes in my belt. I'm down two holes already, if I lose any more weight the belt will be too big. :lol:

Congrats! And I know what you mean about the belt, I'm about to have to punch some new holes in my belt. I'm down two holes already, if I lose any more weight the belt will be too big. :lol:

Thanks! It's taken a while to lose it. First I was just doing a bunch of exercising but didn't really change my diet any. Then over the last couple of months I've started eating a lot less, cut out virtually all snacking, that kind of stuff. I may have a bit of ice cream or something after dinner, but I try to do that once every couple of weeks. So basically nearly all this excess I've lost has been in the last couple of months. About time I wasn't such a fat bastard. :lol:

You should invest in a braided leather belt. That way you won't have to punch any new holes but then just have to use a belt loop or two to keep the rest secured.

Thanks! It's taken a while to lose it. First I was just doing a bunch of exercising but didn't really change my diet any. Then over the last couple of months I've started eating a lot less, cut out virtually all snacking, that kind of stuff. I may have a bit of ice cream or something after dinner, but I try to do that once every couple of weeks. So basically nearly all this excess I've lost has been in the last couple of months. About time I wasn't such a fat bastard. :lol:

You should invest in a braided leather belt. That way you won't have to punch any new holes but then just have to use a belt loop or two to keep the rest secured.

I just woke up three weeks ago and I was like damn I'm bored of being fat and I went from eating 3.5k calories to 1.7k. The only reason I'm not morbidly obese is because I burn about 3k a day without exercise. I'm down fifteen pounds in three weeks, and gained a fair bit of muscle. I do miss all the delicious snacking but I like the way I'm starting to look even more.

I'll check out the belts, but I've never been a huge fan of braided leather belts, they remind me too much of grandfathers lol.

I just woke up three weeks ago and I was like damn I'm bored of being fat and I went from eating 3.5k calories to 1.7k. The only reason I'm not morbidly obese is because I burn about 3k a day without exercise. I'm down fifteen pounds in three weeks, and gained a fair bit of muscle. I do miss all the delicious snacking but I like the way I'm starting to look even more.

I'll check out the belts, but I've never been a huge fan of braided leather belts, they remind me too much of grandfathers lol.

lol, my grandfather only wear regular leather belts. My brother and I are both fans of braided ones.

You sound like me, although I lack that kind of metabolism. :lol:

I weighed 190lbs in high school, but I didn't have much muscle definition. Then after I graduated the pounds just kept being put on and I didn't really do much of anything to get rid of it. Now I have to try and correct nearly six years of poor eating. I'm prepared for it to take a while, but I already like having so many inches gone. At this point I could care less about how many pounds I lose just so long as the inches keep coming off. I don't know if I'll be able to get down to what I weighed in high school, but if I can wear the same clothes I did then while also looking more muscular, I'll take it.

I weigh just under 70kg (~150 pounds) and ima kinda pissed cos I have lost weight being a lazy ., I still look like a skinny runt at 6' 3" and still eat like sh|t. However it really sucks because I used to be at the 80kg mark (~175 pounds) but have since I stopped doing aths lost the muscle mass and definition, especially on the legs, still rocking a six pack :lol:

Can no longer do 3 sets of 15 doing 150kg leg press or 100kg lat pulldowns. Need to start riding and jogging again, pity it's winter.

Anyhow my old coach who stopped round today was yet again trying to get me to come back to train but I am lacking the motivation atm :-/

How tall are you?

The last time I was in shape was about two years ago and I was pretty toned, lucky I caught myself before you, but it's better late than never. I'm 5'7 and 165 right now, I started three weeks ago at 180. I don't really have a weight goal either, I just want all the fat gone and be toned again. Luckily I'm 18 so I've still got the energy and potential.

I'm only 5'8". Never exactly been skinny at any point in my life. I have pretty broad shoulders, wide chest, strong legs, that kind of stuff. Hell, my calves have always been pretty large.. right now they are 19.5". :lol:

I'm only 5'8". Never exactly been skinny at any point in my life. I have pretty broad shoulders, wide chest, strong legs, that kind of stuff. Hell, my calves have always been pretty large.. right now they are 19.5". :lol:

lucky you!!

I'm 5'10 and about 175lbs atm..but it's steadily dropping as I'm cutting for summer...

Only in the last year and a half I have really gained..(was 5'9 @ 137lbs)...I always had kinda broad shoulders(as I swam for 8yrs) but as soon as I turned to the side I disappeared..

I have always been leg heavy..could leg press 130kg before I could bench 50kg...now i'm a 32" waist with a 40" chest..

I've never had much luck with braided belts. They always seem to die before the one piece leather ones I buy.

I'm down about 15 pounds this year while hitting PRs on both squats and deadlifts so I'm not going to complain at all. The worst part about losing the weight is that I have to buy new pants because the ones I was wearing are way too big. Went from being a little loose with a 38 waist to a little loose on a size 36 waist at the moment. I like to wear straight leg pants which would probably prevent me from going down to a 34 waist because my legs are too big. I'm going to add in a bit more cardio this month to try to get down another 5-7 pounds before a wedding I have to go to at the end of the month.

I was Skyping with my best friend who I haven't seen since December and they asked if I had lost weight so that was pretty cool. I don't see it too much, but I know I have dropped a few pounds.

I'm sort of having a dilemma at this point because I want to get down to around 210 or lower, but I also want to do a strongman contest at the end of August so I don't want to lose too much.