NVIDIA GTX 680 Reviewed

Bosco

That power consumption is unlike any card from tthe green team in LOOOOONG time. Nice!

Power and performance that are both stellar? You can't lose with that!
Wait, so this new card has the power draw of a GTX 560....at 5x the performance? And lower temps than a 580?

Any major UFO sightings in the past 6months?

That can be the only explanation for such fantastic power draw from Kepler...

Sigh why are people so sticky about this.

Because you made a comment saying you want to see comparisons when the clock speeds are the same. You could do the same with a GTX 680 and a GTS520 and it wouldn't matter. Clock speeds only matter for the exact same cards/versions.

Damnit I have no PC now, but good news is at least I blew $2000 on the bimmer. :lol: Power draw is beast on that card, you'd probably be able to run 2 680's and a 3770K with 750W easily. :)

Sigh why are people so sticky about this.

Lol. Usually the only reason tests are done with similar clock speeds is to get a measure of architectural differences for the same frequency. It's useful for something like testing between a FX 8120 and an i5 2500K, if both were to utilize only 1 core and at the same frequencies. However, it just gives a small data capture. If one were to test again with multiple cores (and applicable threads) but at the same frequencies, and expectations differ, then it can give a measure of how the cores work together rather than alone. It's just something that doesn't really need to be done for graphics cards, but I can see where you're coming from where it could be useful data.

I don't think I have ever seen a card be so dominating. :whoa:

...and then pricing it lower than the competition. I think the CEO of ATI/AMD would rather get kicked in the nuts publicly. :wacko:

Makes me wonder where the GTX 680 will fall in the pricing/product hierarchy when GK110 releases.

If this is already this good.....just think about GK 110...I really wish AMD could bring out a behemoth kinda like the 8800GTX was to the HD 2900XT. I want some serious competition with some serious benefits to the customers =)