Best cooler for i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz+?

MJCRO

I've been pushing this chip hard, been reading well on threads and even here at OCC for OC guides on this chip. I can hit 4.9 - 5.0 stable AIR with LLC @ Level 5 - 8 with 1.345v - 1.375v for the core voltage, but my temp's are shooting up to 70 - 85C.

ATM using Deep Cool Ice Matrix with 2 x 120MM fans on both sides shooting out the back, it works really well for 4.5 and under, but now I'm really trying to get the highest OC, lowest voltage, and 24/7 stability with little heat.

I'm really considering the Noctua NH-D14, lol. But it is a little overpriced I think.

Prolimatech Megahalems? I've seen those do some damage on heat exchange too.

Current specs are in the sig. :)

Edited by MJCRO

Custom water then you can hit 5GHz fully stable at 1.45v :)

But otherwise an Antec Kuhler 920 should do very well (will beat the NH-D14 )

Anyone have any good suggestions for good water cooling kit? I was checking out some all-in-one's, I like the Kuhler 920, I just am wondering if I could mount that inside the case and not have anything running outside of it.

Certainly, why not? The Kuhler 920's radiator isn't designed to go outside your case... it just goes where a 120mm fan spot is...

Lol, I saw that when I looked it up, well the reviews look good, so I ordered it, hopefully water cooling lives up to what its all cooked up to be. ;)

Edited by MJCRO