Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

so i'm like 20+ hours in and just now meet the quarians. either this is a extremely long game or because i do the side quests first i haven't progressed the story much and it's actually just as short (i cant tell) . ME1 took 50hours for my first playthrough doing EVERYTHING, ME2 only took 20.

Edited by hornybluecow

I don't need a dubbed version. I just need an English one. I know they won't make a Danish version, and I wouldn't want one if they did. also, the game went golden a long time ago, so they've had quite a while to work those things out. I mean, why not dub the game at the same time as you record the English one?

Today is the big day. My Amazon copy will actually be here today. I didn't think they would ship it in time for release day. Wednesday is not going to be very productive. All reviews are 9 or higher but I can't read them for spoiler reasons but that is very promising. Doesn't seem like Bioware ruined this game like DA2.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Apart from it's repetitive locations and the combat(feels too automated) it's alright... I just hope the third one will be more similar to Origins, probably some stuff from Skyrim(don't know what but open worlds seems likely) probably... if they do a Mass Effect 3 on DA3 I'll be happy :)

hey DOA2 was an awesome game, granted it's not much like the first game, i liked it better.

This is obviously not the thread for this but I will just say if you like repetitive locations, button mashing and an absolute console port then it is the game for you. It was too much of a departure from DAO. DAO was the standard for what a fantasy RPG should be and one of my favorite games of all time. While DA2 wasn't unplayable, it did not suck me in for 250 hours like DAO. To each his own. But I do think they have improved ME everytime so I am looking forward to this.

indeed but didnt you say that you liked ME2 better? it's DOA2 with space ships you know, simplified gameplay and the removal of many RPG elements. it's funny we are the opposite in views.

Edited by hornybluecow

indeed but didnt you say that you liked ME2 better? it's DOA2 with space ships you know, simplified gameplay and the removal of many RPG elements. it's funny we are the opposite in views.

That's why I said to each his own. Everyone has an opinion. I just feel Bioware has stood close on the Mass Effect series where the DA series has changed totally. It was like a totally different game IMO. Whatever DA3 is I hope they can merge the strengths of both games. Which is also what I hope for ME3 tonight.

well the options for ME2 gametype is present but from what i can tell is that if you import a save your stuck playing the ME1 way. create a new game and pick your options for action and less story and that will turn off the RPG part of ME3.

i couldn't find a way to change the settings once you started as it's a preset and not a difficulty like option. The biggest downside of not importing is you don't get a HUGE amount of credits and you start at lvl1 not 30.

Edited by hornybluecow

I played ME3 for about five hours last night. I didn't want to put it down. Loving all the new weapons and the mods for them, the Normandy looks great, and the characters so far are all interesting. There is definitely an emotional aspect to the game and it just makes you want to do everything possible to save Earth and the galaxy at large. Yeah, I know, it's just a game, but BioWare did something right while making it to impart that emotional level.

I had no issue with my ME2 save for my first character. His face looks fine (I did redesign his nose some in ME2 since I hated it in ME1) and the game had no problem finding the save file. ME2 you had to direct it to the save folder, but not this time.