InCrYsIs

Mass Effect 3

no you guys have it wrong. pirates will have it before it hits the shelves lol, usually a week before.

Edited by hornybluecow

So Today I found out I had this game pre-ordered at gamestop all along... I ordered it when it was first announced I guess...

I totally forgot about it. So I had this game preordered twice... You think I was excited for this game or something :rolleyes:

So Today I found out I had this game pre-ordered at gamestop all along... I ordered it when it was first announced I guess...

I totally forgot about it. So I had this game preordered twice... You think I was excited for this game or something :rolleyes:

:lol: I've forgotten about pre-orders before, but don't think I've pre-ordered something twice.

Looking through the thread, you had a post from January saying you tried to pre-order it then, so I'm curious if you got the collector's edition or not way back when.

GAME UK wont stock ME3 due to financial troubles

UK-based retailer GAME will not be stacking any of publisher Electronic Arts’s March games, including Mass Effect 3, it said today.

In a statement on its website, the retail chain said it is “not in a position to supply [its] customers with Mass Effect 3“, although it “may” stock copies of the game in the future.

Other EA games slotted for March release include FIFA Street, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and The Sims 3: Showtime.

Eurogamer obtained a copy of an internal memo sent out to GAME staffers that explains the company’s decision. According to the memo, GAME could not come to an agreement with Electronic Arts on credit terms for selling the publisher’s products.

“We committed to only stocking products on which we could get the right credit terms, regardless of the title or the supplier,” the alleged memo says. “We will not stock products if the terms are not right for our business — a position we believe is critical to our long term health as a business — we have taken the very difficult decision to not stock EA’s March releases, including Mass Effect 3.”

GAME, one of the largest game retail chains in Europe, says it will refund all preorders and offer £5 ($7) worth of reward points to affected customers.

Times have been tough for the brick-and-mortar retailer, which has been losing business to online stores like Amazon and Play.com. Earlier in February, the company renegotiated a deal with several British lending banks that would give it some financial breathing room and help it keep its stores supplied.

However, the retailer has still had trouble striking deals with some of its publishing partners. Until yesterday, GAME was not stocking any of Ubisoft’s Vita titles. It still has not reached terms with publisher Nintendo to sell games like Mario Party 9 and upcoming Wii UK release Pandora’s Tower.

One former GAME employee told me today that he believes the company is in serious trouble.

“They are going broke,” he said. “GAME had by far the best developer/publisher relationships of any retailer in the UK, got all the support and exclusives, and now they can’t even get credit for stock.”

source

i feel sorry for GAME. its never good to see a company struggle this much financially

I tell you i nearly pooped myself this morning when i heard this news because i preordered the collectors edition through the australian GAME site last week. and it wasn't reasuring when the Aus version of GAME was in talks with EA but thankfully this was posted late today

Mass Effect 3 will definitely be available through GAME Australia. We look forward to seeing you on launch day.

btw totally want one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmZCIrDD8pA&list=UUbj6Y7OvB8MEdJAZuoa_8Og&index=1&feature=plcp

I had heard something about this from a few other retail outlet people I knew but they did not mention Game. It seems EA has re-negotiated terms with pretty much all retail outlets when it comes to getting games to stock on shelves and not in anyone's favor but their own. One retail manager actually told me that in the call they had with corporate a comment was made that they where not sure how much longer EA would be stocked period because they had made it clear with Origin they no longer have any need for retailers. <div><br></div><div>Now as much as I hate EA as a company this does make 100% sense. The packaging for a game, shipping and the physical marketing account for about a pretty good chunk of change in a per game cost.. Remove that and you have only the site upkeep of Origin, your general marketing and devlopment to cover.</div>

I had heard something about this from a few other retail outlet people I knew but they did not mention Game. It seems EA has re-negotiated terms with pretty much all retail outlets when it comes to getting games to stock on shelves and not in anyone's favor but their own. One retail manager actually told me that in the call they had with corporate a comment was made that they where not sure how much longer EA would be stocked period because they had made it clear with Origin they no longer have any need for retailers.

Now as much as I hate EA as a company this does make 100% sense. The packaging for a game, shipping and the physical marketing account for about a pretty good chunk of change in a per game cost.. Remove that and you have only the site upkeep of Origin, your general marketing and devlopment to cover.

they dont have origin for xbox & PS3 and last time i checked they outsell pc usually by 2x or 3x so they're very moronic to severely damage ties with retailers. I dont see how EA bullying retailers into submission is a win for them. in this day and age with the amount of things that get leaked or posted onto the internet the public will find out. And when the public finds out expect retaliation like amazon review bombing (see ocean marketing & avenger controller), boycots, and piracy. if EA goes ahead with only purchasable through origin (no retail, no steam etc.) i wont ever buy an EA PC game again.

One retail manager actually told me that in the call they had with corporate a comment was made that they where not sure how much longer EA would be stocked period because they had made it clear with Origin they no longer have any need for retailers.

Though I have no proof I'd place a Vegas bet most of EA's money comes from console gamers ...most notably the sports titles. I am guessing your comment is directed at EA PC titles only.

The packaging for a game, shipping and the physical marketing account for about a pretty good chunk of change in a per game cost.. Remove that and you have only the site upkeep of Origin, your general marketing and devlopment to cover.</div>

Yet most online e-tailers still sell games at retail prices. I won't pay full price for online distributed games.

^^ General statements, not directed toward ME3.