Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

I've had my copy of the CE pre-ordered for ages. It is sold out virtually everywhere, but the digital deluxe version is still be available at Origin and Amazon. Instead of getting physical copies of some of the items, the digital deluxe just has, you guessed it, digital versions.

So there is day 1 DLC for ME3. People are all whining about it boo hoo. Does this come as any surprise really? If you preordered the collectors edtion you get it and if you didnt too bad so sad. This is America people if you don't want to buy it than don't. This is still at least for a little while longer a capitalistic society. So tired of the DLC whiners. They are the ones that pirate games too.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Sure, people trying to stand up to being exploited by greedy companies, there's all winers and pirates. :pfp:

Maybe they should stop movies before the last 15mins and charge people in the theater extra to see the rest of it "Sure, they can always leave! Its a free country, that is totally fair!!" :doh:

I know in Mass Effect's case, they are basically giving us access to CE's content for a price, which makes sense, but that isn't always the case, and day one DLC is a perfect way to grab more cash without doing extra work. Just pull out a part of the game and release it as day 1 DLC! Walla! Instant profit. :sick:

This is actually good for the industry.

They are innovating by offering additional content for people who don't pirate the game.

Personally I think this is better than government regulation... SOPA and PIPA are bad enough. At least the industry is starting to learn to innovate themselves...

Sure, people trying to stand up to being exploited by greedy companies, there's all winers and pirates. :pfp:

Maybe they should stop movies before the last 15mins and charge people in the theater extra to see the rest of it "Sure, they can always leave! Its a free country, that is totally fair!!" :doh:

I know in Mass Effect's case, they are basically giving us access to CE's content for a price, which makes sense, but that isn't always the case, and day one DLC is a perfect way to grab more cash without doing extra work. Just pull out a part of the game and release it as day 1 DLC! Walla! Instant profit. :sick:

The day one DLC for Mass Effect 2 didn't add a whole lot either. Zaeed was a recruitable companion, sure, but he wasn't fleshed out enough for any conversation aside from the first meeting and his loyalty mission. The bit in his cabin wasn't much either, click on this item to have him say a few lines. Big deal.

I don't know. While I hate EA with a passion, I just don't see a problem with this. They also have the advantage of waiting for a review. If it sucks you can opt out. Witch Hunt was absolutely terrible for DAO. I bought it because I loved the character and I felt like I pissed 15 bucks away. Just see what happens and go from there.

They are innovating by offering additional content for people who don't pirate the game.

I can promise you now without a shadow of a doubt, that the additional content is going to be pirated so hard, Bioware will be torn several new ones.

It isn't innovation. It's bad business ethics. And Bioware will find that out the hard way.

I can promise you now without a shadow of a doubt, that the additional content is going to be pirated so hard, Bioware will be torn several new ones.

It isn't innovation. It's bad business ethics. And Bioware will find that out the hard way.

Enjoy your censorship laws then... Because if the industry can't find away to offer value to their products to make people want to buy them, then well they are going to lobby even harder...

I disagree with you 100%, from a business move it is actually very smart. It not only is innovative against piracy, but also helps discourage buying the game used. Developers do not see 1 cent from used game sales, and companies like gamestop have a crazy markup on used games sometimes make as much as 100% profit on used games.

I believe this without a shadow of a doubt... Your entitled to that opinion ;)

BZZZZZZ. Wrong. Bioware will not find anything out. They will make tons of money and continue on. People who did not buy CE will buy the DLC and Bioware and EA will sit back and enjoy. Bioware threw that POS game DA2 out at us and it made tons of money and people bought the DLC. It may be pirated so hard but it is still going to bring in tons of cash. It is great buisness ethics in a capitalistic society. I love ME and I will buy every DLC they throw out. Just like MW people. "I am not buying any map packs for these games" blah blah. Then they see all their friends with the new maps and they cave in. Such whiny little biznatches.

Actually one of these days I am going to rat out a software pirate. Just too lazy. Tired of good games being pirated. Very annoying.

Edited by InCrYsIs

This is actually good for the industry.

Personally I think this is better than government regulation... SOPA and PIPA are bad enough. At least the industry is starting to learn to innovate themselves...

pirates will have the DLC the next day