InCrYsIs

Mass Effect 3

My friend who works at "a game store" (cant tell you) lent me the display copy of ME3. been playing it all last night. lots of fun and the best part about it is, THAT IT IS MASS EFFECT 1 ALL OVER AGAIN. they gutted the BS no rpg from the second game and just about brought everything back from ME1. they did however add the gameplay type for ME2 in the options if you so desire to play a straight 3rd person shooter with little to no rpg elements.

well worth $60 and i can't wait for my copy to show up in the mail so i can go into MP.

on a side note, i was very disapointed in Bioware for making ME2 a kids RPG and removed what made ME1 so great (expect for the story of course). I'm happy to see it back.

Thanks, Just ruined my day. Hope you're happy. ME was just mediocre compared to 2 IMO.

Well, i can't say its better or worse because i'm only 10 hours in. From what i've played it's what i think it what ME2 should have been.

funny how they said you can't please everyone and someone is going to be angry. At lest they tried to add some ME2 elements back in for people who liked the second game better. Really, the second game was crap compared to ME1.

Oh yeah for anyone who read the ME books, they reference them alot, even have a side mission directly connected to the 3rd book.

Edited by hornybluecow

Really, the second game was crap compared to ME1..

+1 , especially since there was less of Ashley in it :P

+1 , especially since there was less of Ashley in it :P

I'll be interested to see what the love triangle will be like for my first playthrough of ME3. That character romanced Ashley in the first game and then Tali in the second.

So, anyone picking up their copy at midnight?

Mine has been shipped from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. Coming from Phoenix, so it doesn't have very far to go. :lol:

So, anyone picking up their copy at midnight?

Mine has been shipped from Amazon and should be here tomorrow. Coming from Phoenix, so it doesn't have very far to go. :lol:

Scooped mine up a few minutes ago.

Seems I have no classes tomorrow, well.. I'm cutting them out of my schedule. Screw it. :happy:

Scooped mine up a few minutes ago.

Seems I have no classes tomorrow, well.. I'm cutting them out of my schedule. Screw it. :happy:

I think your teachers will understand.

Also, for anyone wanting to talk about story elements in ME3 that are considered spoilers, please use the spoiler tags to not anger anyone else.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Just a common courtesy for those not as far in the game as you. :cheers:

And then there is us from Europe, who has to wait till the 8th? I still don't see why? :dunno: I've preordered on Origin and all, and still I have to wait two more days!! :glare:

And then there is us from Europe, who has to wait till the 8th? I still don't see why? :dunno: I've preordered on Origin and all, and still I have to wait two more days!! :glare:

Yeah, its pretty dumb. Same goes with movies and music having different release dates in different countries. There really is no reason for this anymore, especially with digital distribution. I finally got to download some of my favorite bands' new albums today, and they had been released in Europe for weeks.

Edited by 90sgamer

The 9th, I believe, for Europe. Australia is supposed to get it on the 8th.

Yeah, its pretty dumb. Same goes with movies and music having different release dates in different countries. There really is no reason for this anymore, especially with digital distribution. I finally got to download some of my favorite bands' new albums today, and they had been released in Europe for weeks.

For games it is typically a localization issue. Japan and the US essentially have one language each, while there are a lot more languages throughout Europe. Translating from Japanese to English is one thing, but going into French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, and more is probably a little more challenging.

Movies are the same as games, needing to be dubbed into other languages. Music, well, that shouldn't matter. I don't like how certain albums are only available in Europe either, nor how US versions of some albums feature fewer songs than international ones.

The 9th, I believe, for Europe. Australia is supposed to get it on the 8th.

For games it is typically a localization issue. Japan and the US essentially have one language each, while there are a lot more languages throughout Europe. Translating from Japanese to English is one thing, but going into French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, and more is probably a little more challenging.

Movies are the same as games, needing to be dubbed into other languages. Music, well, that shouldn't matter. I don't like how certain albums are only available in Europe either, nor how US versions of some albums feature fewer songs than international ones.

Mass Effect 3 went gold ages ago. They made sure of that so they had loads of time to develop their GLORIOUS DLC :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: