Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

your using the modern warfare series as a example of improving graphics?

:rofl:

oh the irony

:lol:

If you people actually read, I was talking about ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. Read no.7 - http://www.dsogaming.com/editorial/top-10-pc-optimized-games-of-2011/

Engine Optimization improves the graphics just like MW3 looks better than MW2 due to the engine being optimized even though it is the same engine ! Same with ME3 looking better than ME2 because of , you guessed it, engine optimization even though it is the same engine !

So ME1 and ME2 were hard to stop playing. ME3 is not holding my interest. I HATE THE REAPERS CHASING YOU WHEN SCANNING!!!! Sorry had to yell that. I'm 10-15 hours in and I'm not getting the wow factor that ME2 gave me. I guess 15 hours is a little less than half way through so things better start picking up.

Just finished ME2 about 10 min ago, now both my ME1 and ME2 savegames are ready :) Got ME3 this morning so will install it in the next hour :)

well, i just finished me3 a couple of hours ago, and i am very dissapoint

well, actually take the above sentence, and add your favourite swear word where each space is, then that is BEGINNING to describe how i feel

bad move ea.

EA has made a reputation for that, I doubt they'd wanna disappoint :lol:

exactly, every project they have a part in they cut corners to max profits.

now i understand they do need to make profits, but with a game as highly grossing as mass effect 3, its just plain sad

exactly, every project they have a part in they cut corners to max profits.

now i understand they do need to make profits, but with a game as highly grossing as mass effect 3, its just plain sad

Let's rattle off a list shall we, of all EA's fails and money grabs. Dragon Age 2, they cut the skill tree down to basically nothing, they re-used the same environments at least half a dozen times, the story was not nearly as long or engrossing as the first. Battlefield, they make a new one every year, a crappy story line, some new weapons, then sell it for $60 when it really isn't an improvement at all. EA Sports, same this as Battlefield except for soccer, football, hockey, again, just add a few new athletes set up the teams to reflect the recent season, sell it again with no real improvement. AND THEN... Mass Effect 3, I don't think I need to reiterate what everyone else has already said. Not to mention all the game servers they are pulling down to save money, I mean Burnout Revenge, that game's not even old.

PS: It looks like they're starting work on a new Dragon Age game, I'm surprised they think anyone will actually buy it :lol:

you guys know Mac Walters wrote the mass effect series and the books (except the newest one). so you guys should be mad at him for the story ending not EA. EA is at fault for day 1 DLC and being money grubs. Personally i think he did a great job in wrapping up a series so large in scope. there is only one clear choice to make at the end of the game so i don't get why people are so made at the choices.

now i will say after the credits is EA doing, this allows for the MMO, Movie and possible X games to come and neglect everything that happened in 3 games before it.

Edit: we are fans of the series which means we enjoy the universe of mass effect. to complain about a ending and want it change just means your not really a fan. someone else (Mac Walters) came up with the story and this is what he envisioned the ending to be. unless he personally says otherwise if you don't like the ending or game, though luck, go play something else.

Edited by hornybluecow

Let's rattle off a list shall we, of all EA's fails and money grabs. Dragon Age 2, they cut the skill tree down to basically nothing, they re-used the same environments at least half a dozen times, the story was not nearly as long or engrossing as the first. Battlefield, they make a new one every year, a crappy story line, some new weapons, then sell it for $60 when it really isn't an improvement at all. EA Sports, same this as Battlefield except for soccer, football, hockey, again, just add a few new athletes set up the teams to reflect the recent season, sell it again with no real improvement. AND THEN... Mass Effect 3, I don't think I need to reiterate what everyone else has already said. Not to mention all the game servers they are pulling down to save money, I mean Burnout Revenge, that game's not even old.

PS: It looks like they're starting work on a new Dragon Age game, I'm surprised they think anyone will actually buy it :lol:

Well I can only say this of DA3. I will not be pre-ordering it. I made that mistake last time. While I did play it 3 times through, it still wasn't very good. I did enjoy some parts of it and the 2 DLCs were much better than any other part of the game. I do hope that they listened to the fans on that one. EA buying Bioware was a dark day. It really is the people's fault. We keep buying this stuff and they keep shoveling it. In reality though, no matter what we say, we want to see the endings to these stories. Even if the reviewers were actually honest, which not a single one of them is, we would still want to see the ending so we will still buy it. I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN DRAGON AGE!!! I've played both games and want to see where the story goes. It's just like movie sequels.

EA KNOWS THIS!!!

Oh and one final note. EA executives want to stop piracy, well releasing crap isn't going to help that cause.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Probably have no business in this topic but I would be pissed if I was a Mass Effect fan. The game advertised itself as one in where the player controls the fate of the universe. It further prepetuated this by allowing the save files of previous games to affect the next installment ...which I think is really fricken cool. Then you get to the third game ...

(no details but playing it safe)

It gives you the biggest choice ever, but it doesn't matter what you pick because you end up at the same result - red or blue path = same damn thing, just a different way of getting there. They closed the door on it ... or more like slammed it shut. Why bother giving players the choice? You give players a moral choice, tho some may see it as a faction choice, but it really doesn't matter. A path or B path, you arrive at C.

Sorry but that is a horrible way of handling a game built on primarily on story and choices. Who is to blame is rather irrevelant. If there is an ending the writer/developer prefers than you put that path in the game and give some way of notifying fans when they found the "best ending". Many games of this nature use a score at the end of the game. So if a player doesn't reach this score they have something to work towards if they want to try again. There are so many ways of handling it ...and some ways I'm sure haven't been explored yet.

That isn't to say someone can't enjoy the game how it is currently built, many do. Hell I like games everyone else on this forum hate with a venomous passion. But I think people have a valid reason to be pissed at the ME3 ending. Sure many feel betrayed by it.