Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

they dont have origin for xbox & PS3 and last time i checked they outsell pc usually by 2x or 3x so they're very moronic to severely damage ties with retailers. I dont see how EA bullying retailers into submission is a win for them. in this day and age with the amount of things that get leaked or posted onto the internet the public will find out. And when the public finds out expect retaliation like amazon review bombing (see ocean marketing & avenger controller), boycots, and piracy. if EA goes ahead with only purchasable through origin (no retail, no steam etc.) i wont ever buy an EA PC game again.

True, there isn't an Origin app for the PS3 and 360, but you can head to the website to purchase games for the consoles. I've purchased some titles from EA that way when it was called the EA Store, but it still serves the same purpose with the Origin name.

True, there isn't an Origin app for the PS3 and 360, but you can head to the website to purchase games for the consoles. I've purchased some titles from EA that way when it was called the EA Store, but it still serves the same purpose with the Origin name.

That is assuming console games are included in ComputerEd's statement. Which I doubt, but it would be awesome if it was! Watch as they incur the development and publishing costs as 95% or more of the console gamers not use Origin to buy EA games. :woot:

doesn't work over here. if i go to the aus ea site, select the me3 or BF3 pages, pc redirects you to origin, PS3 or Xbox lists online game retailers with no way to purchase through ea directly.

i was about to launch into a rant about how shunning retail is a bad business model, think about people without credit cards and parents who still want to give physical game discs at birthdays/xmas etc. but i dont have the time and its majorly off topic.

On topic: I cant wait till Thursday. Gonna have to boot up ME2 to tide me over. i dont think i ever actually finished my renegade fem-shep playthrough.

That is assuming console games are included in ComputerEd's statement. Which I doubt, but it would be awesome if it was! Watch as they incur the development and publishing costs as 95% or more of the console gamers not use Origin to buy EA games. :woot:

Why wouldn't console games be included? When was the last time you saw more than 20 PC games on the shelf at GameStop? I'm talking actually in boxes, not on little placards saying "Visit GameStop.com to purchase!" Sure, you can pre-order PC games at GameStop, but to walk in the store and browse the selection? Pitiful.

For the longest time, Best Buy was the best place to get boxed copies of PC games. They always had a large row of them, but I haven't really looked at PC games at Best Buy in the last couple of years so that could have changed.

When I buy PC games, it is either Steam or Amazon for the nearly unlimited selection and good sales. Console gamers can go to virtually any store that sells electronics and find some games to buy. Why would EA only renegotiate the relatively small retail segment for PC games when the retail segment for console games is so much larger?

@bil, I've been trying to finish up my female Shepard as well. All I have left for her is the end game stuff essentially. Get the Reaper IFF, get Legion and do his loyalty mission, then go kick some Reaper butt.

In my inbox today:

Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on November 28, 2011. The following product(s) has shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

16958 Mass Effect 3 Collectors Ed

Seems all poeple all stupified with Skyrim. Is like their life is the game itself. But also I saw many people talking about this game.

I would like to know what makes it that particular. I know oblivion so I understand what Skyrim is but not this game. Is action, adventure, RPG?, trailer doesn't tell me anythign about it, it just looks like a movie..

I should read wikipedia report but you are the players who like it so you might have a better impression

Seems all poeple all stupified with Skyrim. Is like their life is the game itself. But also I saw many people talking about this game.

I would like to know what makes it that particular. I know oblivion so I understand what Skyrim is but not this game. Is action, adventure, RPG?, trailer doesn't tell me anythign about it, it just looks like a movie..

I should read wikipedia report but you are the players who like it so you might have a better impression

Mass Effect is an RPG, although one with a fair amount of shooting. Over time the series has gotten better with the shooting parts, the action parts, but it is still an RPG.

There is a grand story throughout the series, you create a character to look exactly how you want, you pick a class to play as, you gain levels and improve certain skills, and you recruit other people to fight on your side. Most missions see your character and two others, but some are with one other or just your character.

There are dialog choices to make that include simple things like getting a discount at a store or tougher decisions like who lives. You can get new weapons, make upgrades, and talk to the people on your ship to get a better sense of who or what they are. There are romance options even, if you want to go for that.

Mass Effect is an RPG, although one with a fair amount of shooting. Over time the series has gotten better with the shooting parts, the action parts, but it is still an RPG.

There is a grand story throughout the series, you create a character to look exactly how you want, you pick a class to play as, you gain levels and improve certain skills, and you recruit other people to fight on your side. Most missions see your character and two others, but some are with one other or just your character.

There are dialog choices to make that include simple things like getting a discount at a store or tougher decisions like who lives. You can get new weapons, make upgrades, and talk to the people on your ship to get a better sense of who or what they are. There are romance options even, if you want to go for that.

That was very useful bp9801! Your 3rd paragraph reminds me to The Witcher 2. I had to take decitions which defintely changed some things in the story. Also TW2 is an RPG. And also you can have ., that doesn't gives you nothing and is not romance.

I wonder why there is romance on this game. Is it useful for something like getting special items or help or is just to make a more real game?

Edit: I readed on Gamespot.com the homosexuality is important to the game LOL!!!

Edited by loco_frags

That was very useful bp9801! Your 3rd paragraph reminds me to The Witcher 2. I had to take decitions which defintely changed some things in the story. Also TW2 is an RPG. And also you can have ., that doesn't gives you nothing and is not romance.

I wonder why there is romance on this game. Is it useful for something like getting special items or help or is just to make a more real game?

Edit: I readed on Gamespot.com the homosexuality is important to the game LOL!!!

Romance won't give you any rewards or anything, just another connection to the characters. You have to talk to the various characters on your ship to progress down a romantic path, but it isn't forced upon you.

There has been a romance option in the past games, though it has been different between them. First game you had three choices (Ashley, Kaidan, Liara), but only Liara could be romanced with a male or female main character. Otherwise it'd be Ashley for males and Kaidan for females.

Mass Effect 2 made it so only a male could romance a female and vice versa, however, one of the DLCs focused on Liara and if you were still loyal to her, you could rekindle the romance regardless of male or female main character.

Mass Effect 3 should be similar to the first game in regards to romance, but not much has been revealed beyond that. I do know if you had a different romance in the past two games, there will be a bit of a love triangle in ME3.

This is the end all be all of action rpg. Great story and gameplay. Great characters. This is everything a RPG should be. If you haven't played these games you really need to. All the major games sites reviewed all these games well. The best part was ME was really good and they massively improved upon that with two. I didn't even want to play the demo so I can be totally surprised when I get the full version. Unfortunately I ordered from amazon with 2 day so no day 1 for me because I will absolutley not but a game through origin. No more friggin digital copies.

My friend who works at "a game store" (cant tell you) lent me the display copy of ME3. been playing it all last night. lots of fun and the best part about it is, THAT IT IS MASS EFFECT 1 ALL OVER AGAIN. they gutted the BS no rpg from the second game and just about brought everything back from ME1. they did however add the gameplay type for ME2 in the options if you so desire to play a straight 3rd person shooter with little to no rpg elements.

well worth $60 and i can't wait for my copy to show up in the mail so i can go into MP.

on a side note, i was very disapointed in Bioware for making ME2 a kids RPG and removed what made ME1 so great (expect for the story of course). I'm happy to see it back.