speculation regarding next gen consoles

UT66

:blink: The 360 controllers are amazing! I use them for racing games like GRID since I don't have/can't afford a wheel and pedals. Not that I ever play my 360, it has been sitting underneath my bed collecting dust for a few years now.

EDIT:What I mean is that I use the 360 controller for some of my PC gaming.

I think Waco could be referring to Kinect. But I may be wrong. If so, Waco is "wrong" :P - current gen 360 pads are fantastic to use :)

I think Waco could be referring to Kinect. But I may be wrong. If so, Waco is "wrong" :P - current gen 360 pads are fantastic to use :)

As a controller the kinect may be fail, but for everything else, it's so much fun!

I'm actually referring to the amazing monochrome wonders that they sell now...what the heck is the point of colored prompts in games if you remove the colors from the controller?

Edited by Waco

They seemed to be thinking "hmmm we've fixed one problem, now we just need to break something else to balance it out"

Yep, and once they fix what they broke they can sell even more of that item to people to replace the broken item they sold them before that. :evilgrin:

My 2 Cents:

With MS and Sony just releasing the Kinect and Move, I doubt we will see a new console anytime soon! I just got a 360 + Kinect as a gift this past xmas. I am and will ALWAYS be a PC gamer, but mother clucking EA stopped making Madden on the PC in 08. I went 2 years w/o playing one of my favorite games because of a developer not wanting to cater to an entire gaming platform, and me refusing to buy a console for A SINGLE game....I was POed over this :rolleyes: Now fast-forward to my 360 gift this past xmas for 2 reasons. 1. Madden, 2. Kinect I will say I have read bad things about the Kinect online, but in my experience it has been soo much freaking fun! Everyone I have had over to play bowling, boxing, soccer, and track n field (Kinect Sports) has loved it, had a great time, broken a sweat, and realized they aren't in as good of shape as they thought :teehee: But, most importantly, my 2yr old son loves the Kinect. He is alwasy asking "bowl dad" and then motions throwing a bowling ball, as well as boxing! He has beaten some of the friends I have had over, and taught me invaluable lessons on the "low blows" importance :biggrin: The Kinect works great, and I am very interested to see if MS can impliment the technology over to the PC and have me surfing the web, or opening files w/o a mouse :evilgrin: Whether they can or can't, I will still be a PC gamer 1st, a Madden 360 player (cause EA forced me to), and thoroughly IMPRESSED with the Kinect :cheers:

Hardware wise Consoles DO use slightly Modified PC components. So we can expect 4GB of Ram, A Quad core Variant of some type, some propriety SSD, or to keep costs down a hybrid Type of Drive. GPU wise we won't be seeing anything like a 6990, perhaps a 5850 or GTX460 is a reasonable Bet as Thermals and power consumptions have to be Seriously taken into account. I'm also thinking M$ could possible go with a Blu Ray drive, though im not too sure on that.

Feature wise, Emphasis put on 3D Stereoscopic gaming and DX11.

Either way, When the transition occurs it will be best for all of us. Developers really won't have an excuse not to support DX11 and 3D gaming better for PC's once its hit the console crowd. That said, 3D gaming is nothing new to us as PC gamers and we've had excellent support from both IZ3D and Nvidia's 3D vision for Years.

• 1 month later...

If a new console came out that was actually serious for the hardcore it needs to have some really good hardware that matches computers today. Quad Core, a lot of RAM, and a decent video card. I'm amazing how some console games look on such a limited system.

I'll upgrade my video card and its ram at some point but for the system itself I have no need for more than 4Gb.

You're doing it wrong if there is no need for more than 4 GB :D

Edited by Krazyxazn