UT66

speculation regarding next gen consoles

I agree it just seems fake to me. So it is a tad more powerful then a Xbox 360(woo?). It has touchscreens in the controllers? Sounds expensive and I can't imagine it would be wireless for very long.

That's a pretty good point about the wireless, their current controllers have pretty terrible battery life, I'd hate to see how they manage the new ones.

Knew Nintendo would the first - called it after the E3 Sony and Microsoft announced their motion sensing gaming.

I wonder what will be their target audience with this one. Older gamers or younger gamers. Let alone how far ahead will their console be towards current consoles.

Sadly, they ALWAYS error on the side of caution when it comes to hardware power. They probably make the leap to HD, but probably won't be much more powerful then the 360 or PS3. They will probably bank money on Sony/Microsoft sticking with their current consoles to at least 2014.

Knew Nintendo would the first - called it after the E3 Sony and Microsoft announced their motion sensing gaming.

Sadly, they ALWAYS error on the side of caution when it comes to hardware power. They probably make the leap to HD, but probably won't be much more powerful then the 360 or PS3. They will probably bank money on Sony/Microsoft sticking with their current consoles to at least 2014.

One would think that if you use the word ALWAYS to describe their methods, it's not really an error. :lol:

One would think that if you use the word ALWAYS to describe their methods, it's not really an error. :lol:

Not knowing the outcome that would be the logical assumption, but Nintendo hasn't tasted success since the Super Nintendo. And even though the SNES was a huge success - i would even say its my all time favorite console - it is mostly due to the fact Nintendo's name during that time was gold. It was a household name and it's what most kids wanted. The Genesis a superior system but it didn't get the 3rd party support the SNES did, so the SNES won that war. Nintendo's first party games were some of the best around too. That went to Nintendo's head and they thought nice safe logical upgrades were the way to go since it worked with the SNES. Then the Playstation came out and just flat out dominated. What Nintendo didn't realize is that they showed their weakness with the SNES. Sony saw their strategy and beat it. Ever since then Nintendo has never reacquired the name they lost. Back in the NES and SNES days Nintendo's name was like iPhone status of today. Love it or hate it - you know it and you hear about it all the time. That was Nintendo back then.

Even tho the Wii is a success it really is nothing more than a shadow of former glory as most gamers no longer consider the Wii a real gaming console. It's a family entertainment device now. It's fun, i enjoy it for what it is but in no way shape or form does it compete with the PS3 or 360 for serious games or online gaming. Once the PS3 and 360 launched their motion sensing they took the one niche Nintendo had away from them and instantly made the Wii look like an old archaic machine that doesn't do anything better than the other two. The motion sensing technology is now dated and cannot offer up anything the Move/Kinect can do better. The graphics aren't even entry level HD quality. The online play is really meager with very few options. Big name multi-plats either don't make it to the Wii or get a toned version of the game.

They literally dropped from 1st to Last because their niche was out done and they had nothing else to fall back on - hence "error". I'm sure overall the Wii is still winning due to the early lead, but there is no where left to go. Even though the Wii "won" in sales it is still a loser in most gamer's eyes. And now is the time for Nintendo to move on, which is why i called it last year they would probably announce something this year. But if they are still going to error on the side of caution when it comes hardware horsepower they better have another gimmick because I don't see why they would get very good 3rd Party support at this point.

The wii was nothing more than a good way to get the public to recognize the name Nintendo again. Up to Nintendo now to take advantage of it and shock the world.

Not knowing the outcome that would be the logical assumption, but Nintendo hasn't tasted success since the Super Nintendo. And even though the SNES was a huge success - i would even say its my all time favorite console - it is mostly due to the fact Nintendo's name during that time was gold. It was a household name and it's what most kids wanted. The Genesis a superior system but it didn't get the 3rd party support the SNES did, so the SNES won that war. Nintendo's first party games were some of the best around too. That went to Nintendo's head and they thought nice safe logical upgrades were the way to go since it worked with the SNES. Then the Playstation came out and just flat out dominated. What Nintendo didn't realize is that they showed their weakness with the SNES. Sony saw their strategy and beat it. Ever since then Nintendo has never reacquired the name they lost. Back in the NES and SNES days Nintendo's name was like iPhone status of today. Love it or hate it - you know it and you hear about it all the time. That was Nintendo back then.

Even tho the Wii is a success it really is nothing more than a shadow of former glory as most gamers no longer consider the Wii a real gaming console. It's a family entertainment device now. It's fun, i enjoy it for what it is but in no way shape or form does it compete with the PS3 or 360 for serious games or online gaming. Once the PS3 and 360 launched their motion sensing they took the one niche Nintendo had away from them and instantly made the Wii look like an old archaic machine that doesn't do anything better than the other two. The motion sensing technology is now dated and cannot offer up anything the Move/Kinect can do better. The graphics aren't even entry level HD quality. The online play is really meager with very few options. Big name multi-plats either don't make it to the Wii or get a toned version of the game.

They literally dropped from 1st to Last because their niche was out done and they had nothing else to fall back on - hence "error". I'm sure overall the Wii is still winning due to the early lead, but there is no where left to go. Even though the Wii "won" in sales it is still a loser in most gamer's eyes. And now is the time for Nintendo to move on, which is why i called it last year they would probably announce something this year. But if they are still going to error on the side of caution when it comes hardware horsepower they better have another gimmick because I don't see why they would get very good 3rd Party support at this point.

The wii was nothing more than a good way to get the public to recognize the name Nintendo again. Up to Nintendo now to take advantage of it and shock the world.

I really think that's a matter of opinion though. Personally I would probably say the same thing about consoles to PC. If you think about it, the PC can use the Wii remotes and the Kinect and has better graphics, since that seems to be very important to people. However I'm a more reasonable person than that and think the Wii and PS3 do still have value, and the 360 just plain sucks. :D

I think the PS3 and Xbox 360 do still have value, and the 360 just plain sucks. :biggrin:

I think the Atari 2600 still has value, and the 360 just plain sucks. :teehee:

That's a pretty good point about the wireless, their current controllers have pretty terrible battery life, I'd hate to see how they manage the new ones.

Good point.

Wii controllers (as far as I've seen) have had the best battery life, seconded by Xbox 360, followed by the worst which was PS3.

After a single day of playing GT on my PS3 I had to plug in my damn controller and that was just unacceptable.

That's why I try and avoid wireless. I usually just end up leaving the charger for the 360 plugged in and with the PS3 I just use my USB gamepad, mainly because it has triggers instead of the stupid things they put on the PS3 controllers.