speculation regarding next gen consoles

UT66

Good point.

Wii controllers (as far as I've seen) have had the best battery life, seconded by Xbox 360, followed by the worst which was PS3.

After a single day of playing GT on my PS3 I had to plug in my damn controller and that was just unacceptable.

There was something seriously wrong with your controller then, my PS3 controller can go several days without needing recharged. Where as my Wii remotes can't go several hours without dying, and that's with some pretty good batteries.

That's why I try and avoid wireless. I usually just end up leaving the charger for the 360 plugged in and with the PS3 I just use my USB gamepad, mainly because it has triggers instead of the stupid things they put on the PS3 controllers.

Personally I love having my console controllers wireless, I recently played some games on my PS2 and the wires on the controllers were just driving me nuts. However I do like my PC's keyboard and mouse to be wired since I use those all the time and they're typically stationary. Even when my PS3 controller needs recharging though, I can plug it into any USB on anything and it will still work just fine to play games, I actually have a USB hub mounted on the side of my desk that I use to recharge it.

I do have a masive USB cord that I can use with my PS3 but its the same length as my gamepad's controller cord. I do prefer the Xbox controllers though because of the triggers and because it feels heavy and solid whereas the PS3 controller seems suspiciously light.

I do have a masive USB cord that I can use with my PS3 but its the same length as my gamepad's controller cord. I do prefer the Xbox controllers though because of the triggers and because it feels heavy and solid whereas the PS3 controller seems suspiciously light.

I never cared much about the triggers for controllers, I guess I just don't find it that difficult to press the buttons, as for the weight, it's been too long since I used a 360 controller for me to make a comparison of the two but I don't dislike the weight of the PS3 controller, feels comfortable to me. I never cared much for the xbox controllers myself, to me they're too big, and I absolutely hate the layout for them, I prefer the symmetrical layout of the PS3 controller. Whenever I think of the xbox controllers I always think of the Nintendo 64 controllers, just really clunky and looks like something they just covered in glue and dipped into a bucket full of buttons.

Edited by Deathmineral

There was something seriously wrong with your controller then, my PS3 controller can go several days without needing recharged. Where as my Wii remotes can't go several hours without dying, and that's with some pretty good batteries.

You pulling them from your vibrator before putting them in your wiimotes? Several hours is pathetic. Stop buying generic batteries. Duracell will last a week or two under heavy use.

Agree, the 360 controllers are more comfortable to use than the PS3's. Didn't like those controllers during the PS1 days, let alone now.

You pulling them from your vibrator before putting them in your wiimotes? Several hours is pathetic. Stop buying generic batteries. Duracell will last a week or two under heavy use.

Agree, the 360 controllers are more comfortable to use than the PS3's. Didn't like those controllers during the PS1 days, let alone now.

Duracell? Good? :rofl:

Duracell? Good? :rofl:

Well if you're only getting several hours of gameplay and I'm getting 2 weeks worth, then yes compared to your batteries Duracell = Good!

Besides, I didn't say they were good/awesome/stellar/best/excellent. I merely stated my results with them. And with Costco, they're a good deal.

Oh and by the way, it is hard to argue with results :teehee:

Well if you're only getting several hours of gameplay and I'm getting 2 weeks worth, then yes compared to your batteries Duracell = Good!

Besides, I didn't say they were good/awesome/stellar/best/excellent. I merely stated my results with them. And with Costco, they're a good deal.

Oh and by the way, it is hard to argue with results :teehee:

You say that but somehow I have a feeling you would argue with my experiences with duracell batteries being mediocre.