speculation regarding next gen consoles

UT66

If a new console came out that was actually serious for the hardcore it needs to have some really good hardware that matches computers today. Quad Core, a lot of RAM, and a decent video card. I'm amazing how some console games look on such a limited system.

You're doing it wrong if there is no need for more than 4 GB :D

very wrong!! :biggrin:

am i the only one thinking of the potential if the next gen consoles have 4gb+ of memory. For the ones who still use DVDs you'll be able to have almost half the game in the RAM. Almost no loading ever? that would be the best thing ever :woot:. i hate being stuck at loading screens for 10-15seconds or 30 seconds (looking at you F1 2010 :angry:)

What can I do to get my memory usage up then?

Well to start you off, definitely get firefox if you don't have it already, and try to keep about 20 or more tabs open at a time, that should do the job better than anything. Another thing you could do is get mods for your games, I find that helps increase the memory usage for me. Beyond that, just download a bunch of different programs you can keep running in the background. Maybe some anti virus that hogs resources as well... like Norton.

That's how I roll.... and really I find my computer handles it all pretty well so 4gb is actually fine, but I think more would definitely be useful to me.

am i the only one thinking of the potential if the next gen consoles have 4gb+ of memory. For the ones who still use DVDs you'll be able to have almost half the game in the RAM. Almost no loading ever? that would be the best thing ever :woot:. i hate being stuck at loading screens for 10-15seconds or 30 seconds (looking at you F1 2010 :angry:)

Protip: Get bunch of monitors and learn to multitask, you'd be surprised how enjoyable to do other things while waiting for a game to load. :D I often can check my email or check threads on OCC during loads.

Edited by Deathmineral

I've got palemoon which is a variant of firefox and its only using about 200mb with 20 tabs open. Ive also got ventrilo and Bad company 2 going with 2 monitors and total usage is about 2.6 GB for the entire system on Win 7 x64

Protip: Get bunch of monitors and learn to multitask, you'd be surprised how enjoyable to do other things while waiting for a game to load. :D I often can check my email or check threads on OCC during loads.

but i game on a 42in tv. i cant afford another one for the sake of using dual screens and using my old 19 just doesn't look right. its too small :teehee:

This seems like a strange move for nintendo. If it is true.

Project Cafe

That seems like a late April Fool's joke or something. :lol:

None of that sounds very realistic to me.That sounds like some console fanboy's easy bake oven, they don't really know how to cook so they're going to throw in a piece from each of the current consoles and hope the cake doesn't explode in their face. :lol:

Controller with a screen. Sounds like what Kojima wants to do with Sony's NGP and PS3. Play the same game on the PS3 at home, then play it on the NGP on the go. Sounds like an awesome idea if you don't have to pay for the game on each platform and just once (SteamPlay :D).

Like the idea of Gaming PC to Gaming Laptops. However more portable on both ends haha.

Edited by Krazyxazn

That seems like a late April Fool's joke or something. :lol:

None of that sounds very realistic to me.That sounds like some console fanboy's easy bake oven, they don't really know how to cook so they're going to throw in a piece from each of the current consoles and hope the cake doesn't explode in their face. :lol:

I agree it just seems fake to me. So it is a tad more powerful then a Xbox 360(woo?). It has touchscreens in the controllers? Sounds expensive and I can't imagine it would be wireless for very long.

Edited by Desktop-pro