The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Nice! Too bad you're from Ireland (right?) so we wont be able to game together, damn you lag!

To be honest when I was playing Crysis 2 online my connection was better with US servers than European :)

The poster is nice it's simple and it doesn't have any shop names or anything :)

the game is unplayable for surround /eyefinity users as the tags above player names are only visible on the far left monitor........and the hints in single player (such as PRESS J TO GRAB THIS FREAKING GUN) do not show up at all. dice dropped the ball. that's dice though.

Origin is very buggy this afternoon. Had a whole afternoon off and was excited to play, and game play is pretty lousy for me today :(

Oh well, played great last night.................

Speaking of FOV - what value is everyone using? I'm using 85 - which is the same I use in BF2.

How do you take screenshots? When I use print screen all I get is a blank white image...

This is how i take the screenshots.. I go into origin and settings and in game menu i uncheck the box that says Enable Origin in game...

I exit (logout of origin) and go into steam and add origin as a non steam game... and launch origin... When you play bf3, steam overlay works and you can take screenshot by pressing F12 which is default key for steam..

This is how i take the screenshots.. I go into origin and settings and in game menu i uncheck the box that says Enable Origin in game...

I exit (logout of origin) and go into steam and add origin as a non steam game... and launch origin... When you play bf3, steam overlay works and you can take screenshot by pressing F12 which is default key for steam..

Great idea I will have to do that when I get home!

Update Punkbuster, link provided in my last post.

NOTICE We are aware that "Origin activation" is experiencing problems. Origin are working on a fix. If you have been "kicked by admin" from a server, please go here to update Punkbuster. Thank you for your patience
Edited by Krazyxazn

well my first thoughts for the game are as follows

launch game = launch origin/ webpage = stupid use of resources and just to play single player this is bs

after going through all the launching crap= single player looks sweet

every time i click on the video tab in the options in campaign the game crashes. anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yeah If I change my video settings I have to restart the game. Kind of sucks. I updated punkbuster last night for the 30th time after they provided a link. Hopefully that fixes my admin issues.