The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Finally encountered my second dragon and killed it using a pack of giants it was terrorizing :whistling: and after I killed it, I absorbed its soul and... nothing. I have like 5 different shouts right now but only the one is active and the rest still say I need dragon souls. Am I missing something on how to unlock the shouts?

You have to manually unlock each shout by clicking on it and then hitting the appropriate key to unlock it. R, I think.

Thats not realistic to me. My eyes don't have to constantly adjust to being outside that noticeably. If you walk outside on a sunny day after being indoors with low light or walk inside a low lit room aftering being outside sure...your eyes will take a few seconds to adjust. But looking up and down like that? And on a cloudy day...don't think so. But seeing as how there is no HDR option i'd still like to know how to turn it off.

Thats not realistic to me. My eyes don't have to constantly adjust to being outside that noticeably. If you walk outside on a sunny day after being indoors with low light or walk inside a low lit room aftering being outside sure...your eyes will take a few seconds to adjust. But looking up and down like that? And on a cloudy day...don't think so. But seeing as how there is no HDR option i'd still like to know how to turn it off.

Yeah, a lot of games these days have been going overboard with the lighting, probably because its easier to render some fancy over-the-top HDR lighting on the consoles instead of actually having decent textures, models etc and very few people seem to notice the devs are trying to pull a fast one. Still, I don't think its that bad in Skyrim's case, and I like it. However, I am surprised there is no HDR settings to change in the splash screen options. According to some forums I am reading changing bDoHighDynamicRange=1 to 0 in the Skyrimpref.ini file doesn't stop it. You could give it a try though.

Edited by 90sgamer

I think Skyrims HDR works by emulating the light that reaches your eye while squinting as well, rather than just the size of your iris. When you look up at the sky, even if it's cloudy, it's too damned bright to do with your eyes wide-open. Seriously, try it.

Okay guys seriously nothing compares to having a mage as a companion she decimated a dragon, two giants and a saber tooth cat all in the one fight... Loving this :biggrin:

Holy ... ! That sounds like the most epic battle ever! I've play 22 hours now and haven't seen anything that awesome. I kind of want to put it on hold though until they get some issues sorted out. The shadows for instance make me want to cringe even on ultra. Morrowind had better shadows lol.

Holy ... ! That sounds like the most epic battle ever! I've play 22 hours now and haven't seen anything that awesome. I kind of want to put it on hold though until they get some issues sorted out. The shadows for instance make me want to cringe even on ultra. Morrowind had better shadows lol.

Haha that wasn't the best the dragon vs 3 mammoths with 2 giant vs saber tooth was far better. i am loving the fact that creatures don't ignore each other and will attack. often now my battles with dragons involve some other beast or two or three. I can't remember Morrowind shadows... i do remember my heavily modded morrowind with its insane lighting and static shadows and shadows that actually responded to the suns positon properly.

So the unique weapons and armors in this game are garbage. Most of them you can't even upgrade via blacksmithing, and the ones that do don't turn out much better. For instance, Mace of Molag Bal. With my one handed at 75 or so and I think 4 of the damage perks, it is still 30+ damage less than a daedric weapon. With a high enough enchanting, you really don't even need any of the unique stuff unless if has a stat you can't duplicate. Silly...

So the unique weapons and armors in this game are garbage. Most of them you can't even upgrade via blacksmithing, and the ones that do don't turn out much better. For instance, Mace of Molag Bal. With my one handed at 75 or so and I think 4 of the damage perks, it is still 30+ damage less than a daedric weapon. With a high enough enchanting, you really don't even need any of the unique stuff unless if has a stat you can't duplicate. Silly...

I agree, it's a little annoying. Of course, I haven't leveled my enchanting (next thing on my list, I guess).

Edit: The Dark Brotherhood just tried to kidnap me and get me to kill one of 3 people.

You. Do. Not. Kidnap. A. Werewolf.

Edited by iskout

Some of the enchanted weapons you get are leveled, so that mace should have lower stats if you got it at level 20 or so compared to daedric at a higher level.

If you get smithing high enough, like 50 or 60, you can improve magic weapons and armor. Just need to get it high enough to take the perk for it.