The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

If you need an archer, there is a wood elf in the first town you visit. But you need to vouch for him with a letter, otherwise you can't unlock him as a companion.

He'll pretty much use a bow the majority of the time. I was camping on a cliff and we cleared out an entire camp of bandits without them ever spotting us. :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

Dovak sounds badass too...

:D

I keep just thinking "Dvorak. Dvorak."

Also, just ran through a quest cave where I had to kill some Hammerfell assassins. I didn't shoot once: I let Lydia do all the work. She was spectacular. Seriously, you don't . with Lydia in my game. She's a badass.

Also, just ran through a quest cave where I had to kill some Hammerfell assassins. I didn't shoot once: I let Lydia do all the work. She was spectacular. Seriously, you don't . with Lydia in my game. She's a badass.

Haha, yeah. I gave her a steel warhammer, and she runs off and kills bandits before I can even get close sometimes! She is a real help against really tough enemies like giants. Funny, I don't think she is supposed to be able to die, but she did one time for me while fighting some mages. She had even survived being hit by a giant and shot up into the sky like a rocket (coolest glitch ever haha). I watched as she flew so far, she was just a speck in the sky! After about 10 minutes, she suddenly showed up at my side ready to continue lol.

Haha, yeah. I gave her a steel warhammer, and she runs off and kills bandits before I can even get close sometimes! She is a real help against really tough enemies like giants. Funny, I don't think she is supposed to be able to die, but she did one time for me while fighting some mages. She had even survived being hit by a giant and shot up into the sky like a rocket (coolest glitch ever haha). I watched as she flew so far, she was just a speck in the sky! After about 10 minutes, she suddenly showed up at my side ready to continue lol.

Poison kills her. I've had her die many times and reloaded a quick save.

Anyone know how to get rid of this? I don't know if I just didn't notice it before or if I changed something with all the changes I was making. But some of the "fixes" from here (link) got rid of this fading when looking from one direction to another. But now that none of the fixes helped with CFX working I reverted back to playing with CFX disabled. But I'd like to get rid of the fading if anyone knows what setting that is or if theres a .ini tweak for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=959CER3hmb8

Anyone know how to get rid of this? I don't know if I just didn't notice it before or if I changed something with all the changes I was making. But some of the "fixes" from here (link) got rid of this fading when looking from one direction to another. But now that none of the fixes helped with CFX working I reverted back to playing with CFX disabled. But I'd like to get rid of the fading if anyone knows what setting that is or if theres a .ini tweak for it.

This.

Jesus, that's the most annoying aspect of this game (Other than the iffy menus). It happens and I'm like "Not sure if framerate problems, or just slight game light adjustment." I have to keep skype open to see if it's been my framerates randomly crashing or if it's that damned brightness adjustment

I'm pretty sure that is just how the game implements High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting. Its supposed to emulate how your real eyes would react to different light sources. So, when you look up into the bright sky, it looks too bright until your eyes adjust to it (your iris closes a little), and when you looked back on the town that is not as bright, it looks darker until your eyes adjust by opening the iris more. I think its pretty cool actually.

I'm pretty sure that is just how the game implements High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting. Its supposed to emulate how your real eyes would react to different light sources. So, when you look up into the bright sky, it looks too bright until your eyes adjust to it (your iris closes a little), and when you looked back on the town that is not as bright, it looks darker until your eyes adjust by opening the iris more. I think its pretty cool actually.

Exactly. If it really bothers you that much in the game, turn off HDR. It isn't a bug or anything, it's HDR mimicking what really happens to your eyes when you stare up at the bright sky and then look back down.

Finally encountered my second dragon and killed it using a pack of giants it was terrorizing :whistling: and after I killed it, I absorbed its soul and... nothing. I have like 5 different shouts right now but only the one is active and the rest still say I need dragon souls. Am I missing something on how to unlock the shouts?