The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Hahaha I saved Waco -- he no longer be a vampire! :biggrin:

:lol: Indeed. She walked me through becoming a normal contributor to society again...I managed to feed on my loyal Lydia so I didn't get attacked on sight and then managed to fill a black soul gem for the creepy guy in Morthul or wherever the heck it was. :lol:

I kept seeing this dragon flying over its roost/nest thing, so I headed towards it. Dragon came down to fight me, but also had some bandits come with. :lol: Lydia took care of the bandits and I took care of the dragon. Then I took the climb up to the roost and got a new shout unlocked. Little bit aways was a giant camp and a couple of mammoths, well, I saw one mammoth walk a bit and didn't think anything of it. I went to loot the chest near the word wall, turned back around, and saw the lone mammoth appear about 100 feet in the air and then drop straight down. It died. Easiest way to kill a mammoth. :D

Also, I feel like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat whenever I kill a dragon... "YOUR SOUL IS MINE!" :lol:

I use a Controller for Skyrim and a load of other games as well. TBH If you're a M+KB elitist then you should really get your head checked. There are certain tools for certain jobs, and if you always go to a job expecting a screwdriver to do a wrenches task, you wont really get anywhere. I think Skyrim was dreadfully uncomfortable to play with M+KB.

Also what on Earth is it with you guys all going on about how tough Lydia is? I'm playing a dual-destro mage and Lydia can't last 30 seconds against a couple restless Draugr. Add in a Draugr Wight and I might as well call it quits. She's just too damn weak and has been since ~ Level 15. I'm well over Level 30 now.

I use a Controller for Skyrim and a load of other games as well. TBH If you're a M+KB elitist then you should really get your head checked. There are certain tools for certain jobs, and if you always go to a job expecting a screwdriver to do a wrenches task, you wont really get anywhere. I think Skyrim was dreadfully uncomfortable to play with M+KB.

Also what on Earth is it with you guys all going on about how tough Lydia is? I'm playing a dual-destro mage and Lydia can't last 30 seconds against a couple restless Draugr. Add in a Draugr Wight and I might as well call it quits. She's just too damn weak and has been since ~ Level 15. I'm well over Level 30 now.

You should go look for a tower to the south west of riften and just a little east of an orc camp. Just saying... You may find something or rather someone you like ;)

You should go look for a tower to the south west of riften and just a little east of an orc camp. Just saying... You may find something or rather someone you like ;)

Do you have the option to choose between companions at will? For instance, say I find another companion, will lydia just wait at the castle? And can I come back and change who travels with me?

Btw, I probably played it a solid eight hours today, and I friggin love it:D I'm not even using the console to cheat.....much ;)

Do you have the option to choose between companions at will? For instance, say I find another companion, will lydia just wait at the castle? And can I come back and change who travels with me?

Btw, I probably played it a solid eight hours today, and I friggin love it:D I'm not even using the console to cheat.....much ;)

Yeah Lydia will either go back to Dragonsreach or your house if you've bought one in Whiterun. Just go back anytime and she'll greet you with a wagging tail :P

Also if you help people you meet on your journey, there's a high chance you can get them to follow you, too...

Not sure I really just swapped destruction mages because this one is ment to be a dragonborn also although I haven't seen her shout must have been misinformation. But as mages go she would kick my butt and I am the arch Mage of the college :lol:

When I play tomorrow I will travel to the tower and to where I picked up my other Mage companion and see if I can find her.

As I level up, reaching 25 - 30 I've now come to really hate the class I'm playing. I'm a dual wielding Destuction mage with a bit of Conjuration and Restoration here and some Alteration there, and I'm having to reload a save probably every 2 to 3 minutes in every single battle. I just can't win.

I'm using Greater Ward with the Ward Absorb perk for magic battles, so I should be receiving Magicka every time it's hit with a spell, but it doesn't do this and in fact it's just a huge waste of my own Magicka. I always come out worse off.

I also find as a magic user that at the higher destruction level spells, even with the perks to reduce their magicka cost by 50% and increase their damage, the spells are both too weak and cost far too much to utilise properly. I can shoot off Thunderbolt about 3 or 4 times, cut the enemies health bar down by a quarter, and then I'm stuck using mana potions because my mana-regen slows down during combat. I've focused mostly on levelling up Magicka and added some to Health as well, I'm wearing +Magicka and +Magicka regen items, as many as I can and I just can't fight properly. It's really starting to bother me now. I had no problems taking on Frost Dragons in my early level 20's and now it's just no fun anymore. I'm a puny weakling but I should be much stronger

Can anyone offer me some tips? I don't want to get so annoyed with this game that I put it down for good. I want to enjoy it. I think playing it has been a blinding experience and it'll be such a shame to have it ruined because my play style sucks or the higher level magic combat is unbalanced :unsure:

Cheers fella's

I prefer M/KB for Skyrim, honestly, until I get tired of sitting in that position. I haven't used a controller yet, though, nor do I intend to (The location of my temp PC makes it difficult to access USB ports, and doing so for a controller isn't appealing to me).

Also, Lydia kills Frost Dragons like nothing at my level (Level 34). Have you given her any armor/weapons? She's doing ~85 damage + 10 fire damage with her bow right now.

I prefer M/KB for Skyrim, honestly, until I get tired of sitting in that position. I haven't used a controller yet, though, nor do I intend to (The location of my temp PC makes it difficult to access USB ports, and doing so for a controller isn't appealing to me).

Also, Lydia kills Frost Dragons like nothing at my level (Level 34). Have you given her any armor/weapons? She's doing ~85 damage + 10 fire damage with her bow right now.

That's fair enough. I just have a different toolbox than you :P

Also yeah, but she only has Steel Plate atm, with an Ebony shield. I havn't come across any better armor at all yet :dunno: