*UNOFFICIAL* OCC Folding@Home Contest

RJR

if we get enough people i may throw in my Thermalright 1366 Rev.C (for a winner) because it's just collecting dust now.. we'll just have to see

Edited by hornybluecow

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we get enough people i may throw in my Thermalright 1366 Rev.C (for a winner) because it's just collecting dust now.. we'll just have to see

Works for me, the bigger the prize pool the better, let me know, I'd be glad to add it into the mix.

i'm almost readying to fold 24/7 got both my cards at 750core/1600sharder/1242mem but its too bad the GeForce GTS 450 beats my cards at half the power.

hitting 8.5k PPD per card, i'm pushing for more but that like 500k per month (8,500x30=255,000x2=510,000)

Yeah, I've been debating about getting them, but with the new GTX/GTS 5xx cards around the corner with the holiday sales coming up, I'm going to wait before making a final decision. I'm still using onboard video on my server, and GTS 250 512MB's on my HTPC and backup computer.

Remind me. Aint this random? Cause if its score i will loooossse cause all i got folding is my quad. Stanford does not support the 7600Gt for some odd reason. :teehee: But i could seriously use that/those 250(s).

Hopefully this will get folding back in the spotlight and get more people interested, the active list is rather small.

i think it is random, last time i really folded was last year for a month with a gtx 260 and got 200k lol.

it would be really cool if this was on the front page since not many people jump into the OCC teams threads. I would differently throw in my Thermalright than.

Edited by hornybluecow

btw newegg has the 450 on sale for $100, i checked the reviews and it sucks for 1080 gaming but its the new Points per watt king which the 9600gso was before.

I play at 1920x1080 everything maxed out, at stock clocks, and the only game I ever even lag a little at is Global Agenda.

Yeah, I finally got my GTX 460 1GB working when folding. That alone gives me more PPD than folding with 22 CPU cores. I'm thinking of not even using the SMP client to fold, and just use my GPU's.

Are you setup correctly? My 930 @ 4 ghz gives around 14-17k ppd depending on the work unit.

Are you setup correctly? My 930 @ 4 ghz gives around 14-17k ppd depending on the work unit.

I'm never sure anymore. I use the FAH6.30-win32-SMP for all my CPU folding. If I got that much PPD, I'd be pushing at least 60k PPD with my CPU's alone.