Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

Hey Water_Hazard, you up for a duel against the new (2) 6970's CrossFire setup :evilgrin:

Would you be up for a duel of a single GTX580 against a single 6970 and see by how much it loses ?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be up for a duel of a single GTX580 against a single 6970 and see by how much it loses ?

I will definately take you up on that after I have played around with xfire first! But, also rem 1 of my 6970's cost $280 and both were $560. So both of my 6970's were cheaper than your 580 ;) So for a price to performance comparision, you would have to compete against both :evilgrin:

Also, you seem to still not believe that air cooled GTX 460's in SLI can beat a GTX 580, as you have posted that it takes water to do it. Here are my stock cooled 460's @ 910/2050 beating your OCed 580 by 6fps in heaven. I'm sure most of the other test will show similiar results! So it definitely doesn't take water or 1GHz clocks to beat the 580 :cheers: Just have to make sure both your gpu's are running properly....eh Capi :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Matty you up for a duel sometime to see i7 vs x6 ?

We could limit the gpu clocks to both 900mhz core , 1800mhz shader and 2200mhz mem and then see the x6 at 4.2Ghz vs i7 at 4.11ghz ?

Dont use super cool aircon air to cool the cpu coz we want to see 24/7 clocks against each other.

Hey Water_Hazard, you up for a duel against the new (2) 6970's CrossFire setup :evilgrin:

Just noticed this post. I can run some benches for comparison but I cannot overclock my video cards. If I up the voltage even 1mv I get crazy red pixels everywhere, and any overclock higher than about 800mhz core, my computer just locks up.

I would like to see how much of a difference the hexacore makes over a quad though.

Just noticed this post. I can run some benches for comparison but I cannot overclock my video cards. If I up the voltage even 1mv I get crazy red pixels everywhere, and any overclock higher than about 800mhz core, my computer just locks up.

I would like to see how much of a difference the hexacore makes over a quad though.

Yea, I am def interested to see how our 2 systems match up! But, with the 6970's I am extremely limited in both Furmark and Kombuster with the limiter crap, so can we throw those out. So what benchmarks were you thinking?

My suggestion:

Add if you like!

Cinebench (I want to see your cpu scores)

3dMark06

3dMark Vantage

3dMark11

Heavan

Stalker Call Of Pripyat

air con air?? but its hot in my room.. i doubt itll be stable at those speeds without

Ok fine but lets just limit the clocks to 900 and 2200 . How about these benches ?

Heaven ?

Stalker ?

Kombustor ?

3D Mark 11 Performance ?

3d Mark Vantage with no physx ?

Do you have Dirt 2 ? What else should we try ?

what clocks we gonna set on our cpus? 4ghz and aircool stable, or higher? i do have these new super high flow fans for the cpu ive been dying to try.. pretty much one of these fans flows as much as both my fans on the push/pull config... :P

what clocks we gonna set on our cpus? 4ghz and aircool stable, or higher? i do have these new super high flow fans for the cpu ive been dying to try.. pretty much one of these fans flows as much as both my fans on the push/pull config... :P

Well limit the cpu to 4.2Ghz since that is a 24/7 overclock . I'll stay on 4.115Ghz since thats also a 24/7 overclock