Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I am def interested to see how our 2 systems match up! But, with the 6970's I am extremely limited in both Furmark and Kombuster with the limiter crap, so can we throw those out. So what benchmarks were you thinking?

My suggestion:

Add if you like!

Cinebench (I want to see your cpu scores)

3dMark06

3dMark Vantage

3dMark11

Heavan

Stalker Call Of Pripyat

What settings for Heaven and Stalker?

Why not 2200 on the mem ? Set the vcore to 1.1 , core to 900mhz and mem to 2200mhz . Quick and easy .

I want another 580 :P Hopefully I can persuade my dad over the next 2 months ;)

I can just imagine it ... i7 920 at 4.115Ghz dominating with two EVGA GTX580's overclocked at 950 , 1900 and 2250 at 100% fan speed on 1.15v :woot:

sorry to break your little heart nyt but i just got my replacement 580 back. in sli cpu 4.61 gpu 955/1910/2300

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/797548 score 12517

im on hold right now 3dmark stoped working for some reason have to try an reinstall. temps are going to dip back down to the 30's over the weekend so ill have to run some benches late at night and try to get my cpu back up to 4.7 again and really throw out some numbers

Well I just won a 580 off ebay that I wasn't expecting to win so it looks like I will be upgrading after all.. :whistling:

Are you going with (2) 580's in SLI Water? Cause moving from (2) 480's in SLI to (1) 580 is a downgrade :whistling:

EDIT: Settings for Stalker and Heaven

Stalker Call of Pripyat - DX11 Fullscreen at 4xMSAA , Preset on Ultra and AA for A-tested objects DX10, HDAO, high SSAO, and tessellation enabled

Heaven - 1920x1080 8xAA Fullscreen, 16xAF, Tessllation normal, Shaders + Textures both on High

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Are you going with (2) 580's in SLI Water? Cause moving from (2) 480's in SLI to (1) 580 is a downgrade :whistling:

of course. As soon as I realized I won the 1st won I bid on a second and already won it to. got the first for $400 shipped and the second for $425 shipped. Praying my koolance blocks fit without any clearance issues.

of course. As soon as I realized I won the 1st won I bid on a second and already won it to. got the first for $400 shipped and the second for $425 shipped. Praying my koolance blocks fit without any clearance issues.

No they will not fit. I changed from 480's to 580's. The ram are set lower on the 580 and the waterblock does not touch them. I called dd about mine and they said they will fit but it will not cool the ram properly. They said it's fine for stock and mild overclocks but not for high clocks. I work in a machine shop and had the control lab do some measurements on both blocks and they are different.