Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1920x1080 , tessalation normal , 8xAA and 16xAF

I just received my EVGA GTX580 and will be trying stuff this afternoon :woo: But I have homework to do :erm:

Anyone up for a duel ? And no I wont be taking on a 5970 . Me and Matty's duel proves that neither are better , the only reason Speedway would win is because his 5970 is wc'ed and his i7 4.4ghz will stomp an X6 4ghz and Matty can even OC his cpu anymore ...

1920x1080 , tessalation normal , 8xAA and 16xAF

I just received my EVGA GTX580 and will be trying stuff this afternoon :woo: But I have homework to do :erm:

Anyone up for a duel ? And no I wont be taking on a 5970 . Me and Matty's duel proves that neither are better , the only reason Speedway would win is because his 5970 is wc'ed and his i7 4.4ghz will stomp an X6 4ghz and Matty can even OC his cpu anymore ...

My 5970 isn't WCed yet, still trying to wait to see the 6990 before I decide to buy a water block for my 5970 ;) Also, your duel vs matty is just about the only thing on the net showing a draw! Every other review with the 580 and 5970 still has the 5970 in front on just about every game tested, excluding Metro of course, but that is a PhysX game completely designed for Nvidia!

No need to get into an arguement here. Especially when I haven't seen any reviews showing 460 SLI "crapping" on the 580 or 5970. I have seen some reviews showing the 460 SLI being able to "hang" with the 580 in certain games. But, EVERY review out shows the 5970 is still clearly still the fastest single card out, and the 580 the fastest single gpu out. Forgive me if I don't take info from 1 single thread on OCC, and use that to disprove EVERY other review out on EVERY other OC site, including our own here on OCC. Again, I think the fact that every review out has the 5970 as the still fastest single card on the market, provides the proof we need ;)

But here is my Heaven result so far:

heaven48fps.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I haven't ever used the stalker benchmark, so I will have to DL it

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Looks like I win in day and the sun, and you do in the night and rain......at least for now ;)

Lol , you got the settings wrong . You're on medium preset .

The settings are : Stalker Call of Pripyat DX11 Fullscreen at 4xMSAA , Preset on Ultra and AA for A-tested objects DX10, HDAO, high SSAO, and tessellation enabled

Lol , you got the settings wrong . You're on medium preset .

The settings are : Stalker Call of Pripyat DX11 Fullscreen at 4xMSAA , Preset on Ultra and AA for A-tested objects DX10, HDAO, high SSAO, and tessellation enabled

Yes I set all of that in advanced, it still says medium on the main window (not sure why), but I assure you they are correct! Cmon, nyt I've been doing this for awhile ;) I don't cheat to win, no point! You lose the satisfaction of the victory that way!

stalkersettings.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Man, I was getting some really strange numbers in Stalker after changing it to ultra, not exactly sure what was going on. I couldn't get it figured out, but after a reinstallation, everything seems to be working properly again. So matty what are all the benchmarks we are using? Heaven, Stalker, Crysis, 3DMark Vantage GPU score w/ PhysX disabled of course, 3DMark 11, Furmark, Kombuster, Cinebench? Sound good? Any other game benchmarks out there that are free? Also I have seen too many posts with scores and no SS on this thread, what is up with that? No way to verify any scores if there isn't a SS to go with it! IMO No SS = No Love, or a 0 ;)