El_Capitan

Choose an opponent to a duel!

Cool, new Unigine Heaven version it is. however, some things we'll need to worry about, I'll try it out and compare it with version 2.1 when I'm home:

Known Issues

Crash on Creative SB X-Fi cards

Please switch your sound card in gaming mode to get correct work with OpenAL library.

Crash in wireframe mode on ATI Radeon HD 5xxx

Please don't use wireframe mode on this hardware with tessellation enabled.

Alternating white frames on NVIDIA 7xxx

Video driver bug.

Extremely low performance in OpenGL with AA on NVIDIA hardware

Video driver bug.

SLI flickering on NVIDIA hardware

Video driver bug.

I suggested a long time ago to have each duel in a separate thread, and maybe have one thread that links to each one... but no more storylines, it just takes too much time, lol.

Cool, new Unigine Heaven version it is. however, some things we'll need to worry about, I'll try it out and compare it with version 2.1 when I'm home:

Known Issues

Crash on Creative SB X-Fi cards

Please switch your sound card in gaming mode to get correct work with OpenAL library.

Crash in wireframe mode on ATI Radeon HD 5xxx

Please don't use wireframe mode on this hardware with tessellation enabled.

Alternating white frames on NVIDIA 7xxx

Video driver bug.

Extremely low performance in OpenGL with AA on NVIDIA hardware

Video driver bug.

SLI flickering on NVIDIA hardware

Video driver bug.

I suggested a long time ago to have each duel in a separate thread, and maybe have one thread that links to each one... but no more storylines, it just takes too much time, lol.

SLI flickering ? I'd stay to v2.1 then :P

I think one thread that has links will be good . Then we can keep it organised . Capi can you create the links thread and then our "Nyt Ryda versus El_Capitan" duel thread ?

Yeah no storylines then , just pure results .

Sure, version 2.1 it is!

I'll create the linked duel thread later tonight, I have some stuff to do at the moment...

Capi, have you experienced any probs with Heavan v2.5? I know i haven't, but then again, I don't have any hardware in your list with known issues. But, I do think that benchmark looks pretty freaking sweet!

I haven't used v2.5 yet, but I think some of the issues with v2.1 exist in v2.5, like the flickering I sometimes get (only in SLI, and not all the time). I also have a Creative SB X-Fi HD card, but haven't noticed any crashes with it on v2.1 (it may be default in gaming mode right now, is probably why).

You can definately see the difference between the 2, even though it is the exact same run! I thought when I was downloading it that they would change a few things, in terms of what you see on the screen. But, other than DX11 and how much more detailed everything is it's the same. Like I said though, it is a very good looking benchmark. If I remember correctly though with the settings maxed out, I run about 20-30fps lower on 2.5 vs 2.1, if that gives you an idea of how much more graphically intense 2.5 is over 2.1 ;)