Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not nice! But kicking a noisy computer almost always does the trick!

For some odd reson that is the same with equiptment that doesn't work, my grandmother printer stopped working and the tech couldn't fix it so she picked it up and dropped it three inches, bam i kicked into life. I had an old p4 rig that stopped working so i had put it on my desk and worked on it went to boot up and as i plugged it into the wall i knocked it off my desk, booted right up. ;)

Back on topic, does anyone have a 560 we can see some scores from?

im actually thinking of getting a 560 for a mate of mine.. he took my 460 and exchange for a 8800 plus cash but it folds about as slow as my ps3 almost lol (3 times faster)

it was so we could play bf2 but the 460 overclocked on his 1900x1200 res doesnt seem to like it all that much so i fugred a 560 would do the trick as its faster outta the box and overclocks like a champ too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Speedway when I get my second GTX580 next next week would you care for a duel ? I'd like to see how it goes with 580's oc'ed and 6970's oc'ed .

Hey Speedway when I get my second GTX580 next next week would you care for a duel ? I'd like to see how it goes with 580's oc'ed and 6970's oc'ed .

Sounds good :thumbsup: But just remember, to see a fair "price to performance" comparison, you would have to battle 3 6970's in Tri-Fire ;) My cost on the 6970's were $280 each, so even my (3) 6970's would be cheaper than your (2) 580's :evilgrin:

Speedway for fair price comparison you'd have to use 4 6970's to compare with South Africa's price of two 580's :P

Capi wanna duel ?

Battle #1: MSI Kombustor 60 second Fullscreen 1920 x 1080 with no MSAA

Battle #2: FurMark 60 second Fullscreen 1920 x 1080 with 8xMSAA

Battle #3: Stalker Call of Propyat DX11 Fullscreen at 4xMSAA and AA for A-tested objects DX10, HDAO, high SSAO, and tessellation enabled

Battle #4: Unigine Heaven v2.1 Fullscreen 8xMSAA and 16xAF, tessalation normal and highest settings everything else

Battle #5: 3D Mark 11 performance run

Battle #6: 3D Mark Vantage performance run (no PhysX)

Got my Heaven score already : 90.7FPS at 975mhz and 2375mhz on EVGA card and 940mhz and 2340mhz on the ASUS

Let's not do Kombustor or Furmark since they throttle down on our cards during high voltages. 3DMark11 might give me some advantages when I run my CPU at 4.8Ghz (ok, just saw your 3DMark11 score, maybe not, lol). I think for most of these tests, you might be bottlenecked by your CPU just a tad. :P

#3, 4, and #6 is good.

Damn, you got me beat on the Heaven score, I only got 88.8FPS. I'll try to see what I can do to get a higher score. I'll attach screenshots when I get home.

There's also a new version of Unigine Heaven, version 2.5, I think. Should we try that, or stick with version 2.1?

Let's not do Kombustor or Furmark since they throttle down on our cards during high voltages. 3DMark11 might give me some advantages when I run my CPU at 4.8Ghz (ok, just saw your 3DMark11 score, maybe not, lol). I think for most of these tests, you might be bottlenecked by your CPU just a tad. :P

#3, 4, and #6 is good.

Damn, you got me beat on the Heaven score, I only got 88.8FPS. I'll try to see what I can do to get a higher score. I'll attach screenshots when I get home.

There's also a new version of Unigine Heaven, version 2.5, I think. Should we try that, or stick with version 2.1?

I vote you both use the new version. Your required to use the latest versions of 3dmark11 regardless, may as well use the new version of heaven as well.

Let's not do Kombustor or Furmark since they throttle down on our cards during high voltages. 3DMark11 might give me some advantages when I run my CPU at 4.8Ghz (ok, just saw your 3DMark11 score, maybe not, lol. I think for most of these tests, you might be bottlenecked by your CPU just a tad. :P

#3, 4, and #6 is good.

Oh yeah sorry I just copied/pasted it from the front page and I wouldnt want to burn my cards either :P

3D Mark 11 is no problem :)

Unigine Heaven v2.5 is good , I forgot about it lol

I've still got room to improve on my overclocks (expecially my ASUS) so I dont think you'll catch me :P And Im getting 4 high rpm over 100 CFM fans to help airflow this week . With the cards being so close together , the ASUS gets hotter but more high CFM fans should help.

Why dont we start a new duel thread since this one is getting sooooo long :lol:

Then we can have a new first page story and a more organised front page :P With more space for discussions