Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

Rokkaholik

• 2 months later...

People who are stuck in a "rut" (life, situation, etc...) and continually complain/cry/whine about it and then ask what they should do to anyone and everyone they know, only to argue with them, tell them why they are wrong, and do it their own way anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Video games disks that come with the CD but none of the CD's keys..... STUPID

That reminds me of Company of Heroes Tales of Valor...in the end I got 2 CD-keys though so its fine ^_^

• 5 weeks later...

society and the media

Cadel Evans wins the Tour de France and all the australian media is saying how its the greatst sporting achievement in our history. This sends me into a massive rage fit. For starters he wasnt representing an Australian team, he is signed with an American team. How patriotic of him? Also calling it our greatest sporting achievement is disrespectful to every other sporting achievement any other australian athelte / sportsman / team has achieved. not only that but all these people are calling for landmarks to be renamed after him and offical celbration days and things of the sort. Congrats to him for winning i understand its a big acheivement for cyclists. But big picture of life, his win does not benefit our society. He's not a "Hero". All he did was ride a bike in a race.

I'm sick of the media worshipping atheletes and sports people when they do nothing to benefit anyone other than themselves. where are the days of recognition and the renaming of landmarks for the doctors and scientists who make medical breakthroughs that have the potential save thousands of lives? where are the days of recognition for the the real heros? the firefighters who pull people from burning buildings, the police officers and soldiers putting their lives on the line daily, the doctors and nurses saving lives. But no one guy wins the hardest cycling race and he's a "Hero"

Oh god, thank god I found this topic so I can rant about what really grinds my gears!

The other day I was driving down the highway that leads directly East To West through my city, when suddenly I catch a glimpse of some half inbred woman WALKING CASUALLY ACROSS THE HIGHWAY! The car in the paralleled lane to me does not slow down at all and finally "brains" as we will call her finally notices the incoming stampede of cars. She begins to pick up speed and runs directly in front of my car, I honk my horn and swerve to the right Barely missing her. I mean come on, everyone was taught to look both ways before crossing the street. This wasn't even your everyday street either, it was a 60 KM (approx 39 MH) Double lane highway. I've honestly seen small rodents use more caution when crossing! *sigh* :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I swear, if it was impossible to get a driver's license with an IQ of below 70, there would be half as many people on the roads. While you're driving down the highway, and you see bright flashing lights in your rear view mirror and hear

, it could mean that there is a god damned emergency going on that is of slightly more importance than you getting a .ing coffee and a donut at the gas station. Fortunately one of our driver's is a deputy sheriff, and he doesn't hesitate to call in plates and vehicle descriptions for failure to yield. And PLEASE go try to fight it in court, your local judge needs a good laugh every now and then.

And after the attitude I've seen in a few doctor's lately, what the hell. You're another doctor who's been entrusted by society to care for the sick and injured, not Greg House. I had to send one of my soldiers to the ER after his forehead met the inside of an M113 during training at Ft. McCoy. There is no hospital on Ft. McCoy, only a TMC, so he went to a civilian ER. First thing the doctor rudely asked after getting the report: "How do you know he's not faking?" Well I'm not sure, was it the swelling and bruising, the observed impact, the observed 15 second blackout, the severely constricted pupils, the nausea and vomiting, the obvious disorientation, the low MACE score... nah, he totally faked all that, especially the pupils.

• 2 months later...

One-uppers that cannot stand getting caught in their own lies.

I let this 18 year old tell me about this $40 an hour job he had lined up. What I didn't tell him was that I used to work at this place and the position and title he said he was getting didn't exist. This kid dug a hole so deep he couldn't see daylight. Then I sprung it on him that I worked there 7.5 years and there was no such position. He got all defensive and instead of walking away, he kept digging a deeper until he was contradicting himself all over the place. Other coworkers sitting at the break table just kept snickering until he stormed off.

Its a nightly thing with this idiot... why try to bull crap the people that actually DO know what they're talking about???