Any bodybuilders here?

Gr4vitas

I got a question for ya lightning. I am trying to lose weight, and I was wondering if this plan is good. 1 mile @7 mph(8:30) and until 30min mark on my treadmill walking @ 4mph. I add 2 mins to running/jogging each week. Then 30 mins on stationary bike.(about 13.5km in that time). As for eating, what should I eat for lunch in school? Should I just make some sandwhiches with turkey and chicken breast?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been body building for awhile now....You need to bulk up, add some mass. Don't believe all the supplements out there, if you lift properly and eat right you will see some gains. Never expect things to happen over night. I eat 5-7 meals a day. An example would be for breakfast I have 12 egg white, 2pcs whole grain bread un-toasted, 1 cup plain outmeal and then an orange or apple. Seems like alot but if you want to bulk you need to eat. My dinner might consist of a 4-6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup of rice long grain and some sort of vegetable. I eat all veggies raw. If you want to burn the fat around your waist....cardio - cardio - cardio.....burn the fat, get lean then begin the process of bulking up. If you want to get big then you also need to lift heavy with low reps....As for supplements.....I use bsn no-explode for a pre work out drink, right after my work out I slug back a 1-2 scoops whey protein with 2% milk. That's all the supplements I use. Remember, diet and proper lifting techniques will get you where you want to go.....Off season I am 6'4 255......Spring and summer I am 6'4 230 with 9% body fat......Work hard and it will pay off. Becareful with creatine....if used to much your body may stop producing it naturally....keep your sugar intake to a minimum....and lots and lots of water....I drink 1 gallon a day!!!!!!! Oh yeah and a new study suggests that working your legs stimulates muscle growth up top....don't for get your legs or abs....

Excellent info Lightning thanks a bunch, I've read about half (still reading) of the bodybuilding encyclopedia by Arnold its full of really awesome info, why type of protein powder do you use?

Right now I'm just eating brown rice, chicken breasts, banana's and raisins, mostly broccoli right now for veggies I need to find some more stuff I can eat raw without throwing up lmao. Also eat plain oatmeal with raisins in it for a bit of flavor sometimes even mix a scoop of protein in. I eat 0 sugars (at least simple sugars I obviously get some sugar from the fruits and stuff) and drink only water (usually have a glass of milk with dinner). I drink around a gallon or water a day too.

Edit: Also was wondering if you could post up a pic?

Edited by Gr4vitas

-extensive meal plan-.

I bet this sets you back in the wallet every month

I got a question for ya lightning. I am trying to lose weight, and I was wondering if this plan is good. 1 mile @7 mph(8:30) and until 30min mark on my treadmill walking @ 4mph. I add 2 mins to running/jogging each week. Then 30 mins on stationary bike.(about 13.5km in that time). As for eating, what should I eat for lunch in school? Should I just make some sandwhiches with turkey and chicken breast?

I wish i could of gotten results doing low-impact workouts... my body can easily change, but it takes repetitive brute force.. Im not a bodybuilder by any means, but i went from 270ish down to 160 (been around 155-175 for a good amount of years now so im satisfied it worked)

uh yea....

I am a body builder too.... just a different kind... I've been building fat around my mid section for 20+ years now...so the plan is working :)

I am 5'6" and 185 and I dont look it...I am pretty stocky for my size...but I work construction....

You are my older twin lol. 5'7" or 5'8" and 140. :lol: Too bad I'm losing weight without even trying now. :blink: :angry2:

Edited by l33t p1mp

interesting that this thread happened to pop up, as i've just started training after a long time of letting myself go.

bad diet, years of smoking, and very little exercise have left me skinny as a bean pole with inadequate stamina and moderate hypertension. i'm only 23, and as mentioned i haven't accumulated much fat (that i can see!) so i figured it was probably best to start getting in shape while i still can.

i quit smoking a couple weeks ago, and i'm starting to monitor my diet. my daily routine is pretty basic at the moment: i shadow box for 5 mins, 30 pressups, 50 squats, 30 sit ups, 50 squats, 30 pressups and another 5 mins of shadow boxing.

when summer comes around i'm going to start hitting the gym, so i'd be very grateful if anyone had any recommendations for a good way to begin building some muscle, and to keep my cardio in check too. have definitely taken on board some of the diet tips from this thread, it's all very helpful for a newbie!

Not really a bodybuilder here but I do have goals.

I was 210 lbs. and 6'5" in September (fat, not muscle). I joined wrestling and that dropped me down to 165 lbs. at 6'5" (through the actual practice, but mostly through running in sweaters and jackets to make weight, lol). I want to continue this trend by dropping to 155/150, and from that point building muscle to 175-190. I don't really want to build more than that.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do but so far losing weight has been very easy. Gaining weight won't be, I think.

Oh I'm 15 in case age matters.

They say that walking and then running then back to walking burns the most fat. I run on the treadmill for about 1 1/2 miles then walk for 5 mins then back to running. To burn fat you need to spend at least an hour on the treadmill. As for your lunch....pack some veggies, almonds....low fat turkey or chicken breast lunch meat on whole grain or whole wheat bread. Stay away from white. To get your body running on all cylinders eat a bunch of small meals during the day....this will help with getting rid of the fat.

I did bodybuilding in HS and College but have let myself go since. I recently just got back into it though as some exercise was definitely needed. lol...When I was bodybuilding in college I was 6' / 205 - 215 and after college I ballooned up to 275 and since getting back into it I have dropped back down to 250. I plan to eventually settle in around 210 - 220.

Excellent info Lightning thanks a bunch, I've read about half (still reading) of the bodybuilding encyclopedia by Arnold its full of really awesome info, why type of protein powder do you use?

Right now I'm just eating brown rice, chicken breasts, banana's and raisins, mostly broccoli right now for veggies I need to find some more stuff I can eat raw without throwing up lmao. Also eat plain oatmeal with raisins in it for a bit of flavor sometimes even mix a scoop of protein in. I eat 0 sugars (at least simple sugars I obviously get some sugar from the fruits and stuff) and drink only water (usually have a glass of milk with dinner). I drink around a gallon or water a day too.

Edit: Also was wondering if you could post up a pic?

Ahhh yes, the chicken breast vomit...lol. Here is how you beat that. I take 6 chicken breasts and put them in a large reusable container....Then I add a marinate....they have so many different kinds. Soak them in the marinate for 24 hrs then throw them in the oven or on the bbq. Make sure you make some slits in the chicken to let the marinate in. Now when you go to the fridge you have enough breast for a day or two.....I don't know whats more work, lifting weights or making all that food!!!! I live in Canada, but I go to Buffalo 3 times a week and I get the 2 pound Body Fortress whey protein from walmart......but any whey protein works. The BSN No-Explode I get from www.bodybuilding.com. That is a great site and has a lot of reading!!!! I will see if I can post a pic for ya.........

I did bodybuilding in HS and College but have let myself go since. I recently just got back into it though as some exercise was definitely needed. lol...When I was bodybuilding in college I was 6' / 205 - 215 and after college I ballooned up to 275 and since getting back into it I have dropped back down to 250. I plan to eventually settle in around 210 - 220.

Your the one I was thinking about!!!!!!!! I knew that some one here had mentioned they were into body building but I just couldn't remember for the life of me who it was!!!! Glad to here your back on the iron!!!! Since you beat me in the folding arena maybe we should have a body building square off :ph34r: :ph34r: LOL......I don't think these guy here would remember our folding comp lol........

I have been recently losing weight, and I have been working on my upper body.. But I am not huge in to Body Building.

Supplements I use on a daily basis include Cell-Tech Hardcore Creatine, GNC 100% Whey Protein, L-Glutamine.

Been taking everything for roughly 2/3months. I have gone from roughly 230lbs to 200lbs as of this week. I am 5' 6".

I am not really in to the building muscle part yet. I have been trying to lose weight. Ive been running on the Elliptical about 3-5days a week for 60mins.

I usually pull off 6+miles in 60mins on the Elliptical.

One thing I wanted to add to what I have been reading. I am not 100% positive on this, but I think you intaking 200+g of protein a day might be bad for you.

Unless you are doing some hardcore bodybuilding like 3hrs a day hardcore. That much protein is bad for your heart..

When I was reading a while back I read about 75g of Protein was all you needed even for Bodybuilders.

I would just be careful. Maybe talk to a Doctor or a Nutritionist or something about the protein intake. I would hate to see you have any problems in the future for ingesting that much.

I could be wrong, but I just read this and like I said, I don't want to see/hear about anyone getting hurt or whatever from taking too much of a supplement.