Any bodybuilders here?

Gr4vitas

Just thought I'd make a thread, I know its kind of random / off topic but I've just recently taken an interest in it and thought I make a thread and see if anyone else shared that interest.

I'm 20 years old 145 pounds 6' 2"

My current priority is to gain weight, healthy weight of course, muscle weight. I'm fairly skinny but I've been casually working out for about a year and I'm fairly cut. I just need to work on mass now really badly.

Anyone else into the sport? I've been reading the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger and I've certainly learned quite a bit, I've been doing a lot of research online etc etc.

I'm hoping I can find someone to work out with (work out partner) that shares the same interest or even someone that is already a competing body builder, wish I had someone to train with that knew all the techniques and all the bodybuilding knowledge.

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh yea....

I am a body builder too.... just a different kind... I've been building fat around my mid section for 20+ years now...so the plan is working :)

I am 5'6" and 185 and I dont look it...I am pretty stocky for my size...but I work construction....

Lets just say your lucky lol. Its easier to gain than to lose(I'm like 6' and 183ish lbs, yep I fat :lol:). I suggest you use whey protein shakes to build the muscle.

Oh and by the way I forgot to add this, the best way to gain muscle is just to stick to your plan, don't skip some days(I did this before, and did today). It is bad if you keep skipping your workout days, I learned that the hard way.

Edited by Krieg1337

Lets just say your lucky lol. Its easier to gain than to lose(I'm like 6' and 183ish lbs, yep I fat :lol:). I suggest you use whey protein shakes to build the muscle.

I'm currently taking 175g of protein daily, along with creatine monohydrate, L-glutamine and daily vitamins.

I need to just start taking in a lot of calories, around 7k.

I eat a very healthy diet, the only foods I eat are brown rice, beans, lean chicken breast (sometimes fish) oatmeal, dried fruits, bananas, broccoli, (I need to find some other veggies I like) and I only drink water.

I'm currently taking 175g of protein daily, along with creatine monohydrate, L-glutamine and daily vitamins.

Hmm thats pretty good. Use whey protein before exercising though and after.(Since you are trying to gain I suggest 1 scoop before and 1 after, with milk). Get Optimum Nutrition whey protein because it is all natural(Obviously get the natural one) and has no artificial flavors, something you want to avoid.

Hmm thats pretty good. Use whey protein before exercising though and after.(Since you are trying to gain I suggest 1 scoop before and 1 after, with milk). Get Optimum Nutrition whey protein because it is all natural(Obviously get the natural one) and has no artificial flavors, something you want to avoid.

Yea everywhere around where I live doesn't seem to sell Optimum Nutrition, so for now I'm taking walmart brand vanilla, its not all natural but its not bad.

Edit: And yes its 100% whey

Edited by Gr4vitas

I don't do bodybuilding, but I'm into powerlifting and strongman. My school is having a strongman competition coming up on May 1st that I'll be doing. I like picking up heavy stuff and eating whatever I feel like.

dsc01501.jpg

I buy all my protein from here: True Protein. The 25 pound for $100 special beats everything even when you ship it across the country. Less than $5 per pound. I see ON whey on sale for $30 and people think its the best price ever.